Why didn't the Big 4 Classic work?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Sure, whatever you say bro, since you are the ultimate superfan none of us can even come close to your fandom. You are so triggered by every little thing I say that you dont even notice the 10 times that I praise ISU on here.

So enjoy your third row, ill enjoy my 300 section and my weekend watching some basketball while guys like you cry and moan about being too close to Iowa fans.

WOMEN like me, bro.

I haven’t bitched about it. In fact, you can go back to my first post saying I sort of like it. I enjoy cheering against Iowa. I like the years where we win the first game and I can really enjoying cheering against Iowa. (I’m too focused on our game to really have if the 1st one is Iowa).

What I have said, is that I understand why others don’t like it. And I’ve said there’s no reason for Iowa State to try and find a replacement.

And I’m annoyed at at least 2 posters that won’t let go of the “Des Moines is the best ever and Wells Fargo is a superior place for basketball” argument. I live in Des Moines. I love Des Moines. You guys will make me hate it.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Following this thread, a question that is personal, but I am just curious with the responses. Are you married? So it doesn't seem like a stalker question, I am. I would say you probably aren't from reading the last page or two. Doesn't matter, just curious.

Cant wait to hear the reasoning behind this one. You know its funny, I try my best to stay on topic but you guys just cant resist going off the rails whenever I post anything you dont agree with.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Cant wait to hear the reasoning behind this one. You know its funny, I try my best to stay on topic but you guys just cant resist going off the rails whenever I post anything you dont agree with.

Since you won't answer, here is the reason. I'm male, but you seem to have brought out all the females into this thread to argue with. Usually I don't see one person argue with as many. Not that many on here to start with.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones01

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
And I’m annoyed at at least 2 posters that won’t let go of the “Des Moines is the best ever and Wells Fargo is a superior place for basketball” argument. I live in Des Moines. I love Des Moines. You guys will make me hate it.

Lol, wow, just wow. Where did I say Des Moines was the best ever? I was simply giving my opinion that 1 game here a year shouldnt be too much to ask for. I would much rather watch them play in Hilton, the atmosphere is much better. Again, we are talking 1 game here, once per calendar year, you act like we want the Iowa State campus moved here.

I also never said Wells Fargo was great for basketball, I think its stale to be honest with you.

If you seriously dont like a city because 2 guys on a message board were sticking up for it thats your problem, not ours.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Since you won't answer, here is the reason. I'm male, but you seem to have brought out all the females into this thread to argue with. Usually I don't see one person argue with as many. Not that many on here to start with.

How am I suppose to know the gender of every person that posts on this board? And yes, Im married.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
This thread has reached a new level.

ludicrous-speed.jpg

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How am I suppose to know the gender of every person that posts on this board? And yes, Im married.

Figured you'd have picked something up from Bill. Using a little, what makes a person tick (psychology), will generally give you a pretty solid feel for people after a little posting. Like, age, gender, and few other things like that.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
So it seems like there are arguments against WFA as a hoops venue as well as losing a home game. There are also arguments related to cost, format, opponent, hawk fans. I'm curious if one angle is a bigger breaking point for fans than the other.

Would people be on board with neutral/neutral games with surrounding schools? We play one game at WFA and a return neutral site? You could do Mizzou at Sprint Center, Illinois or Northwestern at United Center, Minny at Target Center, or Nebby at Century Link. You get interesting opponents with some regional rivalry appeal, plus some great weekend trip options on the return games.

Reactions: h-man64

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Figured you'd have picked something up from Bill. Using a little, what makes a person tick (psychology), will generally give you a pretty solid feel for people after a little posting. Like, age, gender, and few other things like that.

Lol, nope, not generally something I think alot about when Im posting or reading posts on here or any board for that matter.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You could do Mizzou at Sprint Center, Illinois or Northwestern at United Center, Minny at Target Center, or Nebby at Century Link. You get interesting opponents with some regional rivalry appeal, plus some great weekend trip options on the return games.

This is a fantastic idea! I would drive to Chicago or Minneapolis for a game like that. I just dont want them to go Iowa's route and schedule a sub-300 team in Hilton as a replacement.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
What interpretation? The guy said if you dont donate money to the university you arent a fan. What could be more straightforward than that?
Disingenuous at best, but you haven't earned the benefit of the doubt. Downright stupid is more likely. But my money is on willfully obtuse, and therefore trolling.

• Funny
Reactions: NoCreativity

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, once again, how am I suppose to know the genders of everyone that posts on this board if they don't put it on their profile?

Are you male or female? Just so everyone is clear, Im a male in my mid to upper 30's.

I'm a male and I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I was just giving you a hard time because you couldn't pay me to watch a basketball game from the 300 level at Wells

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron