Who doubts Bubu now?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I will continue to doubt that bubu can run the offense next year when it isn't just spurts that he is in, and whether we can play the way Fred wants to if he is our primary option at pg.

tee1up

Dec 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I give Fred credit for creating a culture where the guys are not afraid to step up and hit shots. All year, we have seen Tyrus, Babb, Georges take 3's under real pressure and bury them. The one Tyrus hit was a tough shot, and he hadn't made one yet. Awesome.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
I like having both. Why all the hate. You don't have to be a huge scorer, specially when you got 4 other great scorers. Bubu accepts his role and brings other attributes. He's going to be one of our leaders next year. Anyone remember J.C. Holloway, we were damn good with him at point. The facts are Bubu was 1 of 5 payers in a team sport that brought the team back and won the game. KL as been big for us this year, but everyone has an off game and glad the we had the option and it worked out well.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I will continue to doubt that bubu can run the offense next year when it isn't just spurts that he is in, and whether we can play the way Fred wants to if he is our primary option at pg.

Agree. He's really good at his role of being a spot minute guy. I could see him starting the beginning of next year but I'm hoping he's back to his regular role by the conference opener.

Boony

Dec 14, 2007
Boone River
I like having both. Why all the hate. You don't have to be a huge scorer, specially when you got 4 other great scorers. Bubu accepts his role and brings other attributes. He's going to be one of our leaders next year. Anyone remember J.C. Holloway, we were damn good with him at point. The facts are Bubu was 1 of 5 payers in a team sport that brought the team back and won the game. KL as been big for us this year, but everyone has an off game and glad the we had the option and it worked out well.[/QUO
Spot on Mr. Balls!

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
Also, the first person Fred called out in the locker room was Bubu.

Yes Lucious had 9 assists but a few of his shots were poor and led to fast breaks for OU which is about the same as a turnover and takes shots away from our other players.

whoa, whoa, whoa....don't go get all smarty pants and start explaining the game, some people on here won't understand.

Reactions: ty4cy90

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
Bubu did okay by not messing things up too badly or anything, but I wouldn't say he was that positive a factor either. I mean he played 10 minutes, had one assist, 2 turnovers, 1 rebound and 3 fouls. Not exactly game-winning factor stats for any player.

What won the game was Will moving to the point, Melvin and Will taking over on the boards, some 3's finally dropping, and an absolute shut-down defense the last eight minutes, especially on Osby. Will scored 10 of ISU's points in a row.......from the ISU score of 53 to the ISU score of 63 when ISU took the lead. That is what won the game.

holy cow man....you just explained why everyone is givin Bubu credit, and you didn't even realize it. take care of the ball. play defense. get to the rack. create. I love korie's game but i just feel he was was almost as much bad as he was good, hence bubu coming in.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Play the way Fred wants to? Bubu already plays the way Fred wants to, better than kl at times. The question is, like it is for almost all of our roster next year, is at a sufficient big 12 level.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I like having both. Why all the hate. You don't have to be a huge scorer, specially when you got 4 other great scorers. Bubu accepts his role and brings other attributes. He's going to be one of our leaders next year. Anyone remember J.C. Holloway, we were damn good with him at point. The facts are Bubu was 1 of 5 payers in a team sport that brought the team back and won the game. KL as been big for us this year, but everyone has an off game and glad the we had the option and it worked out well.

Holloway was a very good point guard, and we'd be lucky if Bubu got to his level. Holloway was extremely good at facilitating the offense and getting the ball where it needed to go. Seems he was a solid shooter and a good defender (you had to be a good defender on that team) too.

I really like what Bubu has done for us this for, and trust him down the stretch. Not sold on him being THE point guard next year. If he's our best PG, we may see a situation like last year where don't really rely on a true point and Bubu continues to play a similar but expanded role to what he has this year.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Based on the fact that we lose Babb and the unknowns of the newcomers next year, we can definitely use Bubu's defense. We will have scorers again next year, Bubu is not as good of a shooter, passer or ball handler than Lucious but he is a better defender and is also better at drawing fouls on his drives. We return Niang and Ejim next year and with all of the great offense we are hearing about our newcomers, we don't need Bubu averaging 10+ a night. I would be 100% ok with Bubu starting all year next year.