Who Does Campbell Beat?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We were mentioning in our Championship thread how we used to just hope for the light schedule to get some wins.
So, I was curious with moments on my hands, and a Google search that didn't tell me much, and I wondered who Campbell gets his wins against.
We kinda knew this, but the answer is everybody. I'll put a win/loss chart, and feel free to double-check my totalling.

Baylor 3-2
Kansas 5-0
Kansas St. 2-3
Oklahoma 2-3
Oklahoma State 1-4 *******Marchie caught it*******
Texas 2-3
Texas Tech 5-0
TCU 3-2
West Virginia 3-2

So he beats up on the dregs of the conference like he should (Kansas and Tech).
He beats everyone else at a good clip, and that clip is improving. Heck, he's not unlikely to have a .500 record against Oklahoma. That's new.

After year 1, he's 24-12 (25-11) against the conference. I don't think winning 2/3 of the conference games over multiple years was on anyone's radar.

So it's a long-winded Campbell appreciation post. The dude is good.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Doing exactly what he needs to do

Undefeated vs KU and Tech. Winning records (albeit slight) against Baylor, TCU and WV

Those are the teams you have to beat more often than not if you’re Iowa State. Just gotta figure out the Mullet

Reactions: motorcy90

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Plus if you take out year 1, you remove a loss from almost every team.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Doing exactly what he needs to do

Undefeated vs KU and Tech. Winning records (albeit slight) against Baylor, TCU and WV

Those are the teams you have to beat more often than not if you’re Iowa State. Just gotta figure out the Mullet

Play them late in the season at home in a night game. (Wear the black jerseys I guess.)

Boom.

• Haha

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Average 6-3 conference record at Iowa State (after year 1). I'll take it. Sign me up for life.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
We gotta figure out the mullet!

Seriously though, this is some impressive stuff. Just more evidence that we can go toe to toe with anyone in the conference consistently. No lightning in a bottle seasons. Just good, solid football.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
Similar to the other thread about what is the next step...the next step to me is keeping on top of the log jam in the middle of the B12 of TCU/WVU/KSU/Baylor consistently over the next few years. Don't need to go 4-0 over the group each yeah but getting and staying ahead of these teams is what I want to see going forward.