Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Says the dude who traveled to older parents during a pandemic...

HA!. All you have to do is follow the guidelines the scientists and doctors have recommended. Social distancing isn't hard to follow. There's a reason other areas of the world are getting through this meanwhile this countries cases continue to rise.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
HA!. All you have to do is follow the guidelines the scientists and doctors have recommended. Social distancing isn't hard to follow. There's a reason other areas of the world are getting through this meanwhile this countries cases continue to rise.
Like taking a needless vacation? That's a recommended thing scientists are saying? News to me

Reactions: awd4cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe with no fans
I think the MLB and the NBA are going to do okay actually because they have the capability and structure to do so. They have the resources too, which these colleges just don't. When their seasons go through, which will have some hitches but overall okay, the NFL will then go with no fans as well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I agree 100% with what you are stating. If you are of a certain age range and otherwise healthy you probably have more of a chance of an auto accident than you do of dying of Covid. But in today's universe that is still heartless.

And in today's ACTUAL universe, car collisions don't spread from person to person and the way to avoid them is to drive safely.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Like taking a needless vacation? That's a recommended thing scientists are saying? News to me

Dude you're giving him grief about visiting family. You don't know the situation. Maybe this could be the last time to see them because other people here don't have the common decency to follow the masking and distancing guidelines.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This doctor says Covid-19 is no more deadly than the flu for people under age 70. "We know that the infection-fatality rate for people under 70 is 0.04 percent -- that's less than or equal to the seasonal flu," he said.

I know that it is taboo to compare it to the flu in most circles. But why is it so hard to find data like this in mainstream news articles?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/scott-atlas-new-coronavirus-cases-hospitalizations-deaths-focus

Maybe because they've acknowledged that even if that's the case, it can be easily spread and get to those older populations and kill them like anyone else that's read about the consequences for not caring about their actions.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I didn't read the thread but if the SEC goes to conference only, I assume the "9th" data point will no longer matter when it comes to determining playoff teams. :rolleyes:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
And chances of dying of COVID are on top of dying in a car accident - not replacing.

Not necessarily... If people are not traveling then yes, its on top of the car accident number but that number is lower.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I agree 100% with what you are stating. If you are of a certain age range and otherwise healthy you probably have more of a chance of an auto accident than you do of dying of Covid. But in today's universe that is still heartless.

Yeah, but with sheltering in place just think of the reduced chance of auto accidents!... ;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I’ve been to Iowa City. Covid is just one of many things I’d be afraid of contracting

Been to Iowa City three times in the last 40 years. Once to see my dad after emergency surgery, once to take my mother to the ER and once to attend my niece's graduation from the Carver College of Medicine. No reason to ever go to IC other than for medical related reasons.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Been to Iowa City 3 times in the last 40 years. Once to see my dad after emergency surgery, once to take my mother to the ER and once to attend my niece's graduation from the Carver College of Medicine. No reason to ever go to IC other than for medical related reasons.
I'll bet you felt like you needed a shower after leaving Johnson County each time, too.

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Yeah, but with sheltering in place just think of the reduced chance of auto accidents!... ;)

The basic argument is that yes, everyone is safer in a damn bunker. But then there is no economy and everyone starves.

Life is inherently not safe... Bring on the Rona and some football.

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. I traveled back to Iowa to see my parents for the 4th. It would seem the vast majority of Iowa and all of Nebraska don't know how to wear masks or respect the social distancing rules we have in Colorado. This result was inevitable as cases continue to rise in the area.

New coronavirus infections and hospitalizations in Colorado continue to increase, with the state health department on Wednesday reporting another 452 confirmed cases of the COVID-19 respiratory disease.

Colorado public health officials have said the jump in COVID-19 cases is the result of the state reopening and less social distancing. The state is also seeing more test results come back positive, meaning the rise in cases is not just due to more testing.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/07/08/colorado-coronavirus-covid-hospitalizations-increase/

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
ISU in a good position here. Lots of teams are now looking for someone to play against.

Ball State, Arkansas State, Toledo, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Tulane, FAU, BYU, Bowling Green

Status
Not open for further replies.