Which entrée do you order?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
someone is buying your meal, so cost is irrelevant, which entrée do you order? And why. D409EE6A-765D-49EC-B378-0324BFBFBE82.jpeg

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I would say the Shorthorn. A 16oz New York Strip sounds about right
I’ve found that a New York Strip done correctly is a damn fine piece of meat. I used to go all in on ribeyes, but have been getting strips more lately. Just less ******** to deal with (ie I’m not a huge fan of chewing dollops of fat) and very, very good.

That said…I’m going Longhorn.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I’ve found that a New York Strip done correctly is a damn fine piece of meat. I used to go all in on ribeyes, but have been getting strips more lately. Just less ******** to deal with (ie I’m not a huge fan of chewing dollops of fat) and very, very good.

That said…I’m going Longhorn.
I had a ribeye the other day bwcause it was marked down as it was at it's use or freeze by date. It was very good but I still prefer a New York Strip or the occasional Flatiron

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Prime rib of Beef, Diamond Jim cut. I was split between this and the porterhouse. But I ultimately went with the prime rib because I do like ribeye. I didn't select the ribeye because the bone in, I am assuming would be a tomahawk cut, which I kind of find stupid. Porterhouse would be my second choice because it comes with filet on the one side.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Out of the choices Fillet Mignon, otherwise I would go with chicken, pork, or seafood over steak.

Reactions: Angie