Where is the Hate Week Thread?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am feeling a calm about this game. Iowa's offense is worse than it was last year. Their defense is worse than it was last year. They don't have Linderbaum on the O-line this year. So many reasons to like ISU in this game IMO.

Ideally we hit them hard coming right off the bus. If we get them into a 10-0 or 14-0 hole, it'll be game over early. Easier said than done, I know, especially considering recent history in the series. But I am feeling good this year, different than recent years for sure.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I am feeling a calm about this game. Iowa's offense is worse than it was last year. Their defense is worse than it was last year. They don't have Linderbaum on the O-line this year. So many reasons to like ISU in this game IMO.

Ideally we hit them hard coming right off the bus. If we get them into a 10-0 or 14-0 hole, it'll be game over early. Easier said than done, I know, especially considering recent history in the series. But I am feeling good this year, different than recent years for sure.
What makes you say the defense is worse? The defensive line isn’t as intimidating as years past, but the players they have behind them are legit.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What makes you say the defense is worse? The defensive line isn’t as intimidating as years past, but the players they have behind them are legit.
With their injuries, they won't be as good as the one we saw last year.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They start a walk on at one of the safety spots and will be without Jestin Jacobs barring some kind of Brandon Scherff type of recovery. That's good enough to tell me they're a bit worse than last year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Pfft. I operate under the assumption they'll all be miraculously healed. Meanwhile Campbell benches players for an entire season if they stub their toe.
Haha true to all that

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They start a walk on at one of the safety spots and will be without Jestin Jacobs barring some kind of Brandon Scherff type of recovery. That's good enough to tell me they're a bit worse than last year.
One of their starting DTs is out, one of their starting CBs is out, a stud LB is out, and like you said they start Schulte, a walk-on, at safety. The guys that are playing are still good, there's no doubt about that, I just think they won't be as good as they were last year.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Heard last wk the band stays home. Not sure that is true though.

Can confirm.

Even before all the crap that went down with their band's accusations, things weren't great for that trip. Going to Iowa City has always been a rather problematic trip for the band dealing with hawkeye fans (many of the accusations their band made have been witnessed by ISU's band in Iowa city), but Iowa's decision to stick the band up in the far reaches of the stadium caused additional problems as this caused the band to have to navigate the tightly packed concourses to get to and from the field, which is understandably a safety issue.

The band will be heading down to Kansas instead, which will be a much better environment for them for a bunch of reasons.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

I feel that.

I also love how Blum has said that as it is in Iowa City.... the Hawks have a ton of pressure on them. We don't have nearly as much pressure.

Please dink and dunk, spread them outside, throw the ball plenty and open up the run later in the game. I think we also win.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Can we **** on Tori Taylor from Iowa a little bit? The bloke is BRANDON WEEDEN lite. He is 25 and is still only a junior.

Get off campus old man.

Reactions: bsaltyman

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa’s offense will rally together with an “us against the world” mentality…. mark it down. It’s how they’ve been talking all week.

And now who knows what kind of affect the rain will have too?

This will be a tight game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa’s offense will rally together with an “us against the world” mentality…. mark it down. It’s how they’ve been talking all week.

Not saying this won’t be a tight game, because it’s likely, but talk is cheap. We heard all summer about their “new and improved” offense and then they actually played a game.

I’ll go back to this, if our offense can get going and puts up some points, we will win.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not saying this won’t be a tight game, because it’s likely, but talk is cheap. We heard all summer about their “new and improved” offense and then they actually played a game.

I’ll go back to this, if our offense can get going and puts up some points, we will win.

Should we win this game……. yes of course. But we should have won last year too, but pissed it down our leg.

At this point I’m just trying to come up with the ways Iowa will pull this thing out again this year.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Should we win this game……. yes of course. But we should have won last year too, but pissed it down our leg.

At this point I’m just trying to come up with the ways Iowa will pull this thing out again this year.
Oh I mean I agree in that I’m not confident we can win this game considering how we’ve executed in the past. I’m just not worried about their offense.

I’m more worried about our offense, where the starting field position will be, turnovers, and special teams.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

What does the Iowa offense rallying together look like though? Can they score more than 3 times on our defense, unaided by ridiculously short field position? I'll be picking my jaw up off the floor if Petras leads them 70+ yards down the field to score more than once tomorrow.

If Iowa creates turnovers or Iowa State has special teams guffaws as is prone to happening in this series recently, and Iowa gets to start in ISU territory several times, I could see their offense finishing the deal on a short field and "rallying together" so to speak. I just don't see them having a good day as long as Iowa State plays a clean game.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Oh I mean I agree in that I’m not confident we can win this game considering how we’ve executed in the past. I’m just not worried about their offense.

I’m more worried about our offense, where the starting field position will be, turnovers, and special teams.
Eventually, ISU has to win one of these games in the margins, right? I know Iowa is "Win in the Margins U" but we're talking several years of ridiculously good fortune for them in this series. It has to bounce back the other way at some point.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
This is a "hate week" thread?

Come on people.

Was in Ames helping my daughter move into her new apartment before classes began....when at the gas station a man stops and asks me which way to Iowa City.

I told him go south until you smell s***........then east until you step in it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron