When You Win PB or Mega Lottey

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I'd pay off debts for myself and all of my immediate family. Get a new car (mine's 10 years old). Buy all of the camera gear I could ever want. Then either move back to Iowa City or to the PNW. My dream house in Iowa City sold a couple years ago, but I'd still probably move back and then shoot as an independent contractor for the athletic department.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Just had another idea. How much would it cost to buy out and close the U of I?

Probably be able to donate 100 million to the childrens hospital and have them rename it the “Go Cyclones” children hospital and change the front glass where everyone waves to Cyclones with two way mirrors so the kids can still see them waving.

Reactions: BigTurk and wxman1

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
For reference the California Lottery runs the Powerball.

Probably some table of tickets merged improperly and ****** everything up and now every state has to re-upload sales.

Also wonder if they hit some limit no one knew about and it caused the whole table to hang.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
For reference the California Lottery runs the Powerball.

Probably some table of tickets merged improperly and ****** everything up and now every state has to re-upload sales.

Also wonder if they hit some limit no one knew about and it caused the whole table to hang.

Isn't the association that runs powerball based in Iowa, with the drawings held in Florida?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Isn't the association that runs powerball based in Iowa, with the drawings held in Florida?
I could be mixing the Mega Millions and Powerball up. I know the drawings used to be in Iowa but I didn’t think the association was there.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Sooo....conspiracy theory time
I mean there probably is an issue like they are saying, but it’s not going to matter. Biggest drawing in history with a lump sum of almost $1 Billion and this just happens to occur? Yeah the way this country works you are going to have people calling it rigged a la McDonalds Monopoly game style.

If there is a sole winner they are going to be looked at to make sure they don’t have any connection to a lottery employee in any way. Same with a group of winners.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I mean there probably is an issue like they are saying, but it’s not going to matter. Biggest drawing in history with a lump sum of almost $1 Billion and this just happens to occur? Yeah the way this country works you are going to have people calling it rigged a la McDonalds Monopoly game style.

If there is a sole winner they are going to be looked at to make sure they don’t have any connection to a lottery employee in any way. Same with a group of winners.
My luck I will have a fourth cousin or something that I never knew and I will finally win and they will claim it was rigged.

• Haha
Reactions: jctisu

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I just want to go on the record now to say I don't know anybody who does or has worked for the Powerball lottery administrators, you know, just in case I win. Nor do I have any relevant computer skills, huge gambling debts, or have any sort of criminal history that would cast aspersions on my totally legitimate win that is absolutely coming when they finally release the numbers.