When You Win PB or Mega Lottey

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I would give a chunk to ISU for a biodome, rebuild towers, replace Helser, a new skybar, new academic hall, academic scholarships, FB special team coach, heated turf and seats at JTS, etc..

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I welcome his sales pitch but he will be getting zip, zero, zilch from me.
I certainly respect this Curt. As a former letter-winner, you have every right to have an opinion about NIL as anyone. I will just add that Iowa State’s budget when you graduated was $27 million and now it’s $105 million. The economics have changed a bit and while it’s unfortunate the players can’t be paid directly from the University, I do believe the dynamics are different now with the amount of wealth in the sport.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I certainly respect this Curt. As a former letter-winner, you have every right to have an opinion about NIL as anyone. I will just add that Iowa State’s budget when you graduated was $27 million and now it’s $105 million. The economics have changed a bit and while it’s unfortunate the players can’t be paid directly from the University, I do believe the dynamics are different now with the amount of wealth in the sport.

Blum please know that while I do not like the idea of NIL, most of the stuff I post on here is me joking and messing around. If I won a billion dollars via the Lottery I most definitely would buy players for ISU.

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Call be crazy, but I am funding a small medical school on campus when I win tomorrow. You cant have world class mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, bioinformatics, molecular biology and nutrition programs when you completely ignore human medicine.

Think the idea is stupid? Well tough ****. I am the one with a billion dollars to spend.

H

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Me showing up to Trice with Blum

09da6930c37404a896610da2cbb2c710.jpg

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Im changing my plan. Im buying a **** Tom of land, preferably all together, and switching it to CRP. Never working again.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Just had another idea. How much would it cost to buy out and close the U of I?

To actually buy it, several billions. The value of those buildings and land have got to be several billions.

Easier to pay politicians 10's of thousands of dollars in donations for them to at least change the funding model based on number of Iowa students at each university. Hell, maybe if you donated in the 100's of thousands, they would reorganize Iowa as the Iowa State University - Iowa City.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
First things first, file for divorce. Get rid of half that money right there because lets be honest no way anyone is going to stay faithful if you're a billionaire so you might as well get it over with. Then id just run off to Mexico never to be seen again.

Help Support Us

Become a patron