What's the problem with offense besides Tom Manning?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Well, you can. At least 2 of those 3 are on pace for 9 wins. That's been our peak season. Otherwise, we're sitting around 7-6 for 2 of the last 3 years. That's just getting by.

And no, Oklahoma State has probably been better, with the exception of whatever happened to cause that down year.

So why aren't we allowed a down year like Oklahoma State?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Tell me more about their down year. Then it's like a conversation or something. What happened for that down year, and what are the rest of Gundy's years like?

So far, what I've seen here is people mentioning that we have the same problems year after year. That actually is a serious problem, along with several that we've all noted for years.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Well, you can. At least 2 of those 3 are on pace for 9 wins. That's been our peak season. Otherwise, we're sitting around 7-6 for 2 of the last 3 years. That's just getting by.

And no, Oklahoma State has probably been better, with the exception of whatever happened to cause that down year.

Kansas has played Iowa State and WVU in Conference. Where are the next 4 wins?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Tell me more about their down year. Then it's like a conversation or something. What happened for that down year, and what are the rest of Gundy's years like?

So far, what I've seen here is people mentioning that we have the same problems year after year. That actually is a serious problem, along with several that we've all noted for years.

I told you. We have one more win than Gundy. So Gundy's good years are basically the same as ours.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Because they will immediatley bounce back with better players and better coaching. We on the other hand ....
And all things considered 2021 was a down year with the talent we possessed.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
So you don't think we've been the 2nd best team in the conference for 5 years? Who else has been better (obviously beside Oklahoma)? And frankly, 2nd best is kicking ass.

And I was responding to some idiot that claimed the Kansas State coach was kicking ass, the TCU coach was kicking ass, and the Kansas coach was kicking ass. My point was you can't claim those teams are kicking ass without acknowledging what we've done and what they haven't.

I'm the idiot that claimed that K-State was kicking ass. That was probably too strong. My point was that KU is 5-0. Have we ever been 5-0 under CMC? TCU is 4-0. Some of this can be attributed to schedule, but these coaches are already at a point we haven't seen yet.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Who knows? Tech and Texas, probably. Just 2 more after that.
Sounds like you're saying we're in the bottom 2 of the conference. That kind of negativity might chase the staff away. You should be careful.

Just asked where Kansas would get the 4 additional wins. Lots of football to be played. I trust Campbell to guide us.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
You're stretching on kicking ass here. Relative to our historical badness, we've done well. Good chance at least one of those three exceeds Campbell's best year this season.
So 9+ wins and a NY6 Bowl win? doubtful, but maybe on the back of getting to play a full nonconference slate (Why I added the “+”).

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm the idiot that claimed that K-State was kicking ass. That was probably too strong. My point was that KU is 5-0. Have we ever been 5-0 under CMC? TCU is 4-0. Some of this can be attributed to schedule, but these coaches are already at a point we haven't seen yet.

No they aren't. If Kansas finishes with 2-3 losses and then wins the Fiesta Bowl, they will be where we are/were.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Tulane game was awesome. Green Wave.

• Haha
Reactions: StPaulCyclone

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I hear you, but it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish. TTU for years would start 4-0, 5-0 and finish 6-6, 7-5. B12 is going to be a grind this year and we just exposed the hell out of Ku’s Offense.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I'm not a coach and I am not at practices so I am not going to pretend to know what the issues are. All I can do is go off my experience, and my experience is that most of the time the coaches had a sound game plan in place but it wasn't executed by us players. The coaches didn't make Noel fumble a punt because he took his eyes off the ball. The coaches didn't make Downing premature snap because he wasn't concentrating.

I don't think things are as bad as some of you do.

I dumb posts that are dumb and most of the time they are so dumb they don't deserve a response. The constant ******** about this coach or that coach gets old, it isn't going to change anything and half the time it's knee jerk reactions from Monday Morning QB's who have never watched one play of real game film in their life and wouldn't even know what they are looking at if they did.

In previous posts I laid out my gripes with the offense:
1. Not being committed to running the ball at 3 -5 yards a carry
2. Not running the ball with quick developing run plays
3. To long of developing route trees that don't seem to compliment each other.
Gotcha, thanks for the insight. What do you think needs to be done for the players to execute better then, in your opinion? That is a part of the coaches job afterall.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Tom Manning, Tom Manning, Tom Manning!! If he could not find a way to win decisively with the team we had last year, it is going to be all downhill from this point forward!! Can you imagine what Andy Reid could have done with our 2021 team?
I’ve been searching for other people to blame other than Tom Manning because Matt loves the guy & probably won’t get rid of him. However he may get rid of Meyers or Gordon lol