Info: What web browsers do CF users use the most?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

Never used Netscape. Firefox on my laptop, Safari on the phone

They probably are all the same but for some reason I have a slightly larger fear of personal data mining from Google verses all the other of our Internet Overloads. Thus have avoided Chrome; and avoid using Google search except occasionally for a map.

Last edited:

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
So---41 % use Windows. How many of you use Edge as your browser? Why or why not? Has Microsoft failed in their attempt to design the ultimate browser?

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Firefox -- Linux desktop and Android mobile; Silk (Kindle Fire); Slimjet, Chrome (Linux); CM Mobile browser (Android).

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Quite a few nerdy Linux users out there.
I was responsible for a major code assessment project. Admittedly, a long time ago. Regardless, the assessment ranked Microsoft 94 out of the top 100 software companies. "Marketing" is the true genius of Microsoft; certainly not the quality of their software. Their MO is to put a new face on, but, for the most part, still have the same guts. And then claim the wow factor so us 'sheep' line up and buy.

If I didn't have an expensive CAD application, I would've switched to Linux several years ago. I've always thought it's a sad testament to the antiquated monopoly laws that the only way to unseat Microsoft was with 'free' software (even IOS, at the core, is Linux).

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Ah, the joy of being retired! If you ever want to see a totally blank look, walk into the computer department at Best Buy and ask any of the employees, including Geek Squad people, which of their computers work best with Linux. It is totally priceless!