• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If Wichita State fans get Prohm, I will actually feel a little bad for them, but will be forever grateful at the same time.

If it happens, I would hope that Prohm kind of turns into McDermott from here on out and has a nice career at a (slightly, though Creighton is more complex because of its promotion to the Big East) lower level. That he would learn from his mistakes in Ames, recruit well to Wichita's nice facilities for a mid-major, and be successful competing against players, coaches, and programs that are more at his level of competence than in the Big 12.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
He can be successful at a lower level. He's a good enough recruiter to attract talent. If he has superior talent, he can win games.
He just can't coach.
I think the AAC is a huge step up from the Ohio Valley. It’s going to be hard for him to win there too, plus he’s not inheriting a great team.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever and DSMCy

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
If Wichita State fans get Prohm, I will actually feel a little bad for them, but will be forever grateful at the same time.
It's probably more likely at this point Wichita St hires current Murray St coach, Matt McMahon, and then Prohm backfills McMahon.

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
He had success at a lower level and think about the image aspect. Hire someone squeaky clean like Prohm and also someone who is much more player friendly to replace Marshall. They are going to want an image shift.

WSU is 8-3 overall and 4-1 in the conference, 2nd place behind #8 Houston. Why wouldn't they just hire the interim coach?
And why wouldn't JP go after Houston's coach, Sampson? Too high priced?

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
WSU is 8-3 overall and 4-1 in the conference, 2nd place behind #8 Houston. Why wouldn't they just hire the interim coach?
And why wouldn't JP go after Houston's coach, Sampson? Too high priced?
Kelvin Sampson would have them back in the NCAA and competing for Big 12 titles quickly but not sure Pollard would risk all the baggage he comes with.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
True, but teams 30-64 have a drastically lower chance at making a run in March. In a covid year, why string them along? If they let say half the normal field in, 32, that would still make for a compelling post season tournament, you just would be lacking all of the Valparaiso, Loyola etc Cinderella type moments. It would be a safer alternative than inviting the full field of teams from all over the country and having them all infecting each other. And just keep the same date for end of conference season, Feb 27. Cancel conference tournaments, allow for the recommended quarantine time, and jump right into the madness.

TV Money. If the NCAA cuts back on games, I am sure ESPN, Fox & CBS will probably be looking for a reduction in rights fees they are paying if no content. Wouldn't surprise me if they haven't already broached that subject with NCAA/Conferences.

Look at last weekend, 3 of 5 Big 12 games were cancelled and other conferences took at hit as well. ESPN really struggled to fill programming spots with national/regional games of interest. I believe the ISU v. Baylor womens game changed channels 2x and ended up on ESPN2 at 7pm. Great women's basketball game, but I'm sure not ideal for ESPN ratings.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Kelvin Sampson would have them back in the NCAA and competing for Big 12 titles quickly but not sure Pollard would risk all the baggage he comes with.

No Way Pollard would take Sampson.

The reality is Pollard is about integrity within his programs. Any coach he hires will be squeaky clean, value player academics and abide by NCAA rules.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Sampson also makes $3 mil per year. NCAA issues aside, Pollard has repeatedly demonstrated he is not paying top dollar for any proven coach. He’s gone the up and comer route every single time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron