WBB Recruiting

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I wouldn't jump to "blueblood recruit" since I don't think anyone has her on any national recruiting ranking lists. Even Florida lists of players have her as unranked even in that state. Not saying she might not be good but certainly hasn't caught on. Late bloomer maybe.
I should of put blue bloods in quotes as I meant top teams in the SEC or ACC and facetiously noted UCONN.-- as, we developed good early relationships with several recruits only to see them go to THAT school that can only win with top recruits. She is good though and we'd be blessed to see her here.

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Did the Cyclones get any verbal's out of the April recruiting period? Does anyone know if we have any transfers interested in State? In under a month our great 2017 class will be on campus and it should be a good summer to watch.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Burton is a east coast PG that appears to have blown up this summer. Has a lot of east coast offers. Had a lot of low D1 offers, but getting a lot of quality program offers now. Curious to know how staff got onto her.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Burton is a east coast PG that appears to have blown up this summer. Has a lot of east coast offers. Had a lot of low D1 offers, but getting a lot of quality program offers now. Curious to know how staff got onto her.

Yeah, interesting. Agree that it does look like she is an unranked player that was getting only regional attention but that looks have spiked up with at least three P5 offers in one month.

Out of curiosity I looked at DePaul roster. Even though they are Big East, 11 of their 14 players are from Illinois. Only a single player from out east. A little surprising these days especially for a high major.

Last edited:

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yeah, interesting. Agree that it does look like she is an unranked player that was getting only regional attention but that looks have spiked up with at least three P5 offers in one month.

Out of curiosity I looked at DePaul roster. Even though they are Big East, 11 of their 14 players are from Illinois. Only a single player from out east. A little surprising these days especially for a high major.

Might be Big East but not surprising a team from the Chicago area has tons of players from Illinois. Good basketball in Illinois, lots of quality players.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Might be Big East but not surprising a team from the Chicago area has tons of players from Illinois. Good basketball in Illinois, lots of quality players.

Maybe why Univeristy of Illinois WBB isn't any good, only four Illinois natives. :)

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

DePaul is downtown Chicago loop campus. Most likely, I bet DePaul has a tough time recruiting anyone who isn't familiar with Chicago, or comfortable in a very urban setting, which probably limits them a lot in recruiting. Also, the South loop although up and coming, still can feel a little "sketchy" at times for Chicagoans, so I imagine anyone not comfortable with the big city would be even more "on edge

Also, for whatever reason, Chicago area wbb is largely overlooked by many schools for whatever reason. Though southern IL seems to get a lot of attention. Rockford, IL area seems to produce a lot of MBB D1 & NBA/D-League talent for whatever reason, and some DI wbb talent.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
DePaul is downtown Chicago loop campus. Most likely, I bet DePaul has a tough time recruiting anyone who isn't familiar with Chicago, or comfortable in a very urban setting, which probably limits them a lot in recruiting. Also, the South loop although up and coming, still can feel a little "sketchy" at times for Chicagoans, so I imagine anyone not comfortable with the big city would be even more "on edge

Also, for whatever reason, Chicago area wbb is largely overlooked by many schools for whatever reason. Though southern IL seems to get a lot of attention. Rockford, IL area seems to produce a lot of MBB D1 & NBA/D-League talent for whatever reason, and some DI wbb talent.

DePaul's main campus is on the north side of Chicago in an urban professional area, not downtown and definitely not South Loop.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Very strange offer list for her ranking but looks like a great pickup none the least.

Not saying she wouldn't be good or anything but I find some of the Prospects Nation rankings to be "curious" to say the least. They had ESPN 5 star Madison Wise unlisted as a "watch" and Johnson and Scott as Top 100, pretty much the opposite of everyone else's consensus.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Prospects nation is more aware of the Southeast players and those travelling to major national AAU tournaments. I find their evals better than espns

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron