WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
I prefer to talk about Cyclones and former players. TOE will be a non entity next year. Watching Lexi Donarski at UNC right now! Still a fave and she is tough. Only one who is actually playing after xferring

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I prefer to talk about Cyclones and former players. TOE will be a non entity next year. Watching Lexi Donarski at UNC right now! Still a fave and she is tough. Only one who is actually playing after xferring

Eh MEM and Kane are getting PT the only real flop seems to be Fritz.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Lucky for you, there's already a thread for that.

Reactions: GT25Ump

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Looking at coaches predictions versus actual standings at top of Big 12. Sooners beat the vote by winning it after being picked for 5th right next to us. They also missed on Kansas, Baylor and WVU. Maybe overvalued Kansas's NIT run from last year? Our finish isn't really far off from where we were predicted, showing the coaches did respect our freshman class and maybe also recognized the league wasn't loaded top to bottom. Wondering if Coach Jennie gets COY again? You could make a case for Fennelly based on recruiting this class but winning the title is usually a clincher especially if not picked for it.

Sooners +4
Iowa State +2
WVU +2
Kansas State +1
Texas -1
OSU -1
Baylor -3
Kansas -4

1709568382532.png

1709568524761.png

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Winning the conference will obviously be a big help for Jenny. But she also did that with experienced players. The coaching job that Fennelly and staff did I felt was far better, but of course, I’m biased.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Maybe a sprained knee? Not sure how likely it is she can be back to play in NCAA's but at least it's not something that seems she will need surgery for. Guess Hawk fans will see more of Feuerbach in the Big Ten tourney in Mpls.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Maybe a sprained knee? Not sure how likely it is she can be back to play in NCAA's but at least it's not something that seems she will need surgery for. Guess Hawk fans will see more of Feuerbach in the Big Ten tourney in Mpls.

Sprained MCL could have her back in 3-4 weeks.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Or posturing to make sure their NCAA seed is not affected. Stanford did that a while back with their best player and ending up losing as a #1 seed to a #16 seed. The only time in NCAA WBB history.
Maybe but I can't imagine Molly's health being a huge factor in seeding.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Maybe but I can't imagine Molly's health being a huge factor in seeding.

^This. She's an important cog but hardily a top tier player that the committee will pay much attention to. Skeptical she will make it back, you can limp around and play center/post ( ie: Ayoka Lee) but you can't play guard on a gimpy knee when she relies not on her size/strength but some quickness to makeup for her height. In any event the next seven seeds behind SC are pretty much interchangeable, like there are seven #2's and a single #1 seed.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Heard on the radio the B1G tourney is sold out didn't realize it was in the Cities. Enjoy the Hawks for the week. If you get lucky they'll get beat and go home. Then tickets will be cheap for you pick up and see the championship.;)

• Haha
Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Heard on the radio the B1G tourney is sold out didn't realize it was in the Cities. Enjoy the Hawks for the week. If you get lucky they'll get beat and go home. Then tickets will be cheap for you pick up and see the championship.;)

Three miles from my house....should have thought ahead to buy tickets last year. But less to see with Gophers completely augering in after Braun got hurt.

Speaking of WBB at Target Center, we've been in touch with Lynx and are probably going to set up an alumni ticket thingie this summer to see Bridget and the Lynx play. I am suggesting when they play Soares.

cincy_cy2014

Jan 19, 2023
Peaked around at other conferences awards.

I had to look twice that Del Rosario from LSU made the SEC All Freshman team. Averages 5.4 points and 4.0 rebounds a game. She is not very impressive when she backs up Reese/Morrow.

What a joke that she was even honored. They selected 8 players.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
ACC Tournament, BC has #24 Louisville in trouble. Up 55-52 with 1:24 left.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow. Ohio State coughing up a hairball. Down by 15 late in the 3rd to 9-9 Maryland.

I don't like either team but don't much like ANY OSU so not a bad meltdown. Coach just got T'd up

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Wow. Ohio State coughing up a hairball. Down by 15 late in the 3rd to 9-9 Maryland.

I don't like either team but don't much like ANY OSU so not a bad meltdown. Coach just got T'd up
Maryland is on the last four byes / play-in game in most projections; Brenda has her team ready today.