WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Disgusted to admit that I'm jealous.
Me too.

I boycott all iowa sports. But, I must admit I have watched a couple iowa WBB games recently. They are fun to watch and really, really good. Clark is phenomenal.
As a league B10 is far getter than B12.
Hate to say it, but just facts as I see them.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
"The technical was stupid," Auriemma said. "I didn't say anything for a long, long, long time. And I just felt like ... if you want to bring Lou in, you see the bruises on her body. It's just appalling what teams do to her now. and it's not basketball anymore. So that was a problem ... I don't like to see a kid get manhandled like that, right in front of the officials".

Sounds familiar... (the manhandling) Sometimes I wish CBF would be a little more vocal once in awhile with the refs. (Not that it would make any difference)

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
2/6 AP vs NET, major differences
Oklahoma (+26): AP 16, NET 42
Gonzaga (+14): AP 23, NET 37
Virginia Tech (+10): AP 11, NET 21
Maryland (+9): AP 8, NET 17
UCLA (+9): AP 18, NET 27
North Carolina (+8): AP 14, NET 22
Arizona (+8): AP 17, NET 25
---------------------------------------
N.C. State (-11): AP 22, NET 11
Texas (-10): AP 20, NET 10
Iowa State (-9): AP 21, NET 12

Add in the AP RV teams...
Cleveland State (+26): AP 34, NET 60
UNLV (+23): AP 28, NET 51
Florida Gulf Coast (+16): AP 32, NET 48

NET Top 25 teams not appearing in AP poll (or RV category):
Oregon: AP NR, NET 18
Alabama: AP NR, NET 24

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
"The technical was stupid," Auriemma said. "I didn't say anything for a long, long, long time. And I just felt like ... if you want to bring Lou in, you see the bruises on her body. It's just appalling what teams do to her now. and it's not basketball anymore. So that was a problem ... I don't like to see a kid get manhandled like that, right in front of the officials".

Sounds familiar... (the manhandling) Sometimes I wish CBF would be a little more vocal once in awhile with the refs. (Not that it would make any difference)
Sour grapes? No for once I think Geno gets what the lesser programs have to struggle with to win. For decades he has faced the battle with some of the best players in the nation and his talents as a coach to win the day.

But when it becomes beyond reasonable, brutally really, it is time to either call it "court football" or make a conscious decision to turn back to a lower-contact sport.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
NCAA, first "reveal" of the hosting sixteen is this Thursday on ESPN during halftime of the 9:30 p.m. Stanford vs. Arizona game. Will be interesting to see how closely this corresponds to polls or NET. Not sure if any Big 12 teams make the cut, maybe Texas. If Texas isn't in this time than maybe by the Feb. 23 reveal if they are still in first place.

Took a peak at "brackology" just for fun. The matchup picks are usually compete garage click bait guesses but I was sort of interested in the seed #'s.

Texas - 4
ISU - 5
Baylor - 5
Oklahoma - 7
Kansas - 8 (they need to go 5-3 just to get to 9-9 in Big 12. Weak schedule to finish so maybe.
OSU - 10

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
NCAA, first "reveal" of the hosting sixteen is this Thursday on ESPN during halftime of the 9:30 p.m. Stanford vs. Arizona game. Will be interesting to see how closely this corresponds to polls or NET. Not sure if any Big 12 teams make the cut, maybe Texas. If Texas isn't in this time than maybe by the Feb. 23 reveal if they are still in first place.

Took a peak at "brackology" just for fun. The matchup picks are usually compete garage click bait guesses but I was sort of interested in the seed #'s.

Texas - 4
ISU - 5
Baylor - 5
Oklahoma - 7
Kansas - 8 (they need to go 5-3 just to get to 9-9 in Big 12. Weak schedule to finish so maybe.
OSU - 10
Committee follows NET pretty closely. We're #11 right now - haven't been punished for slips. If we hold serve, we should make the cut. MrEd's bracket generator defaults us to 3rd at 13-5.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Baylor up 46-42 in Waco over Sooners. Playing Sooners game though. Baylor is 8-15 from three. Not sure they can win a shootout with the Sooners. Bet they put more emphasis on D in the 2nd half.

And, man, sparse crowd in the arena. Looks really empty.

Update: Woof. Dumb forearm shiver by OU's Skyler Vann on tie up. At least refs saw it and called it.

Last edited:

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Baylor up 46-42 in Waco over Sooners. Playing Sooners game though. Baylor is 8-15 from three. Not sure they can win a shootout with the Sooners. Bet they put more emphasis on D in the 2nd half.

Update: Woof. Dumb forearm shiver by OU's Skyler Vann on tie up. At least refs saw it and called it.
OU 98 BU 92/OT

OU never led the game in regulation.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Baylor choked it away with a a whole slew of turnovers. I was hoping for a Bear win since we still have a game with them and we are done with OU and need someone else to beat them.
Honestly it doesn’t matter. The ladies aren’t good enough to win this conference and that ship sailed last week dropping both of those games, especially at K State.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Honestly it doesn’t matter. The ladies aren’t good enough to win this conference and that ship sailed last week dropping both of those games, especially at K State.

It's a pretty long shot but I hate finishing behind OU. Just don't like them.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Bill really needs to run the OU motion offense vs BU and UT. Biggest reason why he won’t win the conference title.
To tell the truth I don't know what would work to bring back a positive feel to this season. I am sure we will win a few more and get some NCAA bid.

But as to big wins and surprises, bad luck, injuries, and the old Iowa State jinks hinder WBB as Football and MBB seem to find their way.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Big 12, through 2/7:

TEAMW-LMIDWEEKWEEKEND
Texas9-2vs Tech (Wed)vs TCU (Sat)
Oklahoma9-3at KSU (Sun)
Baylor7-4at OSU (Sat)
Iowa State7-4at WVU (Sat)
Oklahoma State7-5vs BU (Sat)
West Virginia5-6vs ISU (Sat)
Kansas4-6vs TCU (Wed)at Tech (Sat)
Texas Tech4-6at Texas (Wed)vs KU (Sat)
Kansas State3-8vs OU (Sun)
TCU0-11at KU (Wed)at Texas (Sat)

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
This 4-game stretch for ISU just tightened up a bit from a standings/seedings perspective:

at WVU, vs UT, at BU, at OSU

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Baylor up 46-42 in Waco over Sooners.

The crowd left when the general went to Baton Rouge. I would estimate somewhere around 3000 fans quit and quit for good when Kim left. I went to the LSU - Georgia game last week. It was an awesome atmosphere with around 12,000 in the P-Mac. To me it was just like old times here in Waco when things were really humming. It's a shame that I have to live so far away from some of the best places to watch exciting WBB. If I lived near Storrs, CT, Ames ,IA or Baton Rouge, LA I'd never miss a game. Heck I still don't miss any here, but I'm still having to get adjusted to the changing of the guard.

By the way Clone fans, I see your next challenge is in WV. They're pretty scrappy. Ya'll sure need to take that one and get back on the winning track. I suspect I'll be watching via espn+. Let's go for the win.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Big 12, through 2/7:

TEAMW-LMIDWEEKWEEKEND
Texas9-2vs Tech (Wed)vs TCU (Sat)
Oklahoma9-3at KSU (Sun)
Baylor7-4at OSU (Sat)
Iowa State7-4at WVU (Sat)
Oklahoma State7-5vs BU (Sat)
West Virginia5-6vs ISU (Sat)
Kansas4-6vs TCU (Wed)at Tech (Sat)
Texas Tech4-6at Texas (Wed)vs KU (Sat)
Kansas State3-8vs OU (Sun)
TCU0-11at KU (Wed)at Texas (Sat)
Hate it that the 3 teams ahead of us are Baylor and the two traitors.