***WBB: 2021 Recruiting Thread***

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I'm leaving them on the list because they haven't verballed anywhere or announced finalists, but there doesn't seem to be mutual interest with Hart or Wilke at this point.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Finally have a new 2021 target. Fritz decommitted from Belmont this morning, and ISU has already offered her (along with Georgia Tech).

Carrie Stephens (Denae's mom) is a professor at Tennessee who got her Masters and PhD from Iowa State. She tweeted about being back at the ISU campus yesterday, so it looks like Denae is visiting ISU.

In addition to the above ISU and GT offers, Denae has tweeted offers from Alabama, USF, and Boston College.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
How did I miss this last night? I must not have been on twitter.

This is great news, and it likely wraps up high school class of 2021 recruiting for ISU. I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up a juco or grad transfer later (no specific recruits in mind -- just a general thought).

Fritz is a 5'11" wing capable of playing all over the court. She's consistently been a 40%+ three-point shooter in high school.

Maryville High School girls basketball coach Scott West has a nickname for senior star Denae Fritz.

"The Swiss Army Knife."

“She has the ability to defend and play five different positions,” West said. “As a coach, you go into it thinking, ‘OK, I’m recruiting this kid as a one, I’m recruiting this kid as maybe a wing, maybe this kid as a stretch four.’ Well, you’re not recruiting Denae. You don’t have to label her because she can do so many things.”

Reactions: Acylum

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames

This is great news, and it likely wraps up high school class of 2021 recruiting for ISU. I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up a juco or grad transfer later (no specific recruits in mind -- just a general thought).

Fritz is a 5'11" wing capable of playing all over the court. She's consistently been a 40%+ three-point shooter in high school.

Yes, Mred, get with it - we depend on your insight :)

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Yes, Mred, get with it - we depend on your insight :)

I feel like I've let everyone down... :jimlad:

To make up for it, here's the updated scholarship chart. Note that the class of 2025 now has seven in it if everyone who is eligible exercises their extra COVID year (four freshmen this year plus three next year).

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

It ain't official until you post it. It's all fake news till then. ;)