Walking Dead

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
I wish they hadn't locked themselves into their stated 10 year plan. I believe all the spinoffs were created with the goal of syncing up with the main story in another 3-4 years. However, Lauren Cohen, Danai Guerrera, and Andrew Lincoln wanting to leave made them realize that most actors don't want to keep doing something like this without an end in sight. So they were left scrambling.

Also don't forget that whenever Scott M. Gimple appeared on talking dead to discuss the show, his view of his own writing and ideas was blissfully unaware of how bad they were.

Last edited:

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
There was a point where it felt like they were mocking their own show with some scenes.

And any time I 'check in' it seems like it's the same episode, just a different location.

I got through about a 1/2 episode of any spin offs like 'Fear the Walking Dead' and I was team Zombie from the start.
My problem with the show in it's later seasons was there was too damned much talking and scenes where two characters explored their inner feelings. No, if I wanted to watch something like that, I'd tune into Dr. Phil. The finale was a joke. They led us up to this violent clash between the Commonwealth and our heroes only to have it end peacefully with only one shot being fired by our team. It was more like a family reunion than the much anticipated final showdown I was expecting.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My problem with the show in it's later seasons was there was too damned much talking and scenes where two characters explored their inner feelings. No, if I wanted to watch something like that, I'd tune into Dr. Phil. The finale was a joke. They led us up to this violent clash between the Commonwealth and our heroes only to have it end peacefully with only one shot being fired by our team. It was more like a family reunion than the much anticipated final showdown I was expecting.
My issue with the final episode was it wasn't any different to any of the previous season ending episodes except for the fact that they added a coda to it

Reactions: bstegs

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I got through about a 1/2 episode of any spin offs like 'Fear the Walking Dead' and I was team Zombie from the start.
I was so into the first few episodes, because I felt like the TWD moved past the beginning too quickly. There are so many avenues to explore as society slowly deteriorates.

Then the show went from 1-100 in about 2 episodes and turned into TWD part deux. So disappointing.

Reactions: madguy30

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think it was a bit unfortunate for the ending that they were promoting the new shows beforehand. Even though not many significant characters ended up dying in the end, it took most of the suspense out of it, and probably made sure that no one of note died. For a show that kind of thrived on killing off characters, that was a bit of a letdown.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was so into the first few episodes, because I felt like the TWD moved past the beginning too quickly. There are so many avenues to explore as society slowly deteriorates.

Then the show went from 1-100 in about 2 episodes and turned into TWD part deux. So disappointing.

I think I just hated the characters right away. Many seemed...prickly? Stupid?

I was just ready for it to fast forward to everyone getting taken out, haha.

• Winner
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Good point there. Could have at least made a season out of that.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I gave up on the show around the time Carl died. What got me was I was really hoping the later seasons would get into seeking a cure or way to end the cycle and move society forward. Something cool and unique. But it was just different settlement groups shooting guns at each other, so many shots of characters shooting guns. Got boring as hell after some really great stuff for several seasons.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I left off midway a couple of seasons ago. (I think) I believe our 'heros' were working on getting jobs or getting interrogated with the storm trooper like people.
My wife and I used to watch ALL the time, just got boring after awhile. I'll try and finish up at some point.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Is anyone watching this last season of Fear TWD? It really just makes no sense whatsoever. They jumped forward in time 7-8 years and apparently developed the ability to travel anywhere. And Morgan is just as insufferable as before.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Did the actual Walking Dead end yet? I forgot to watch it once after the Storm Trooper people and now idk where exactly I left off and how much I missed.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Pretty sure it ended last fall. Lots of new spinoffs though

Yep. And I actually felt the last season was a pretty good one and that the series finale was really well done.

FTWD though....got off to a solid start and some of the earlier seasons were downright terrific TV IMO. Then the wheels fell off and it became unwatchable to me, especially when they made a filthy, crazy bag lady a super villain. Haven't watched it since and it sounds like it's only gotten worse.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The one with the kids was cancelled (I don't even remember the name!).
There's one with Daryl, no title or premiere date yet.
There's one with Rick & Michonne, again, no title or premiere date yet.
There's one with Maggie & Negan set in Manhattan called Dead City, premieres June 15th.

Oh - and this is the last season of FTWD.

• Informative
Reactions: madguy30

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
The one with the kids was cancelled (I don't even remember the name!).
There's one with Daryl, no title or premiere date yet.
There's one with Rick & Michonne, again, no title or premiere date yet.
There's one with Maggie & Negan set in Manhattan called Dead City, premieres June 15th.

Oh - and this is the last season of FTWD.
They should have called the one with the Kids, The Walking Dead: Dead End... But it was called World Beyond.

For me, the only main character that hasn't been ruined to this point is Daryl, but it's just a matter of time with how this show has gone the last handful of seasons.