VA Tech's Blackshear Looking at ISU.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
if Blackshear came to ISU, it would change mine and other predictions from a rebuilding year to a year similar to last year.

I'll believe there's a chance if he visits.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
if Blackshear came to ISU, it would change mine and other predictions from a rebuilding year to a year similar to last year.

I'll believe there's a chance if he visits.
It would change mine from a contending to a championship year. Solidify the middle, and everything plays off that.

• Funny
Reactions: randomfan44

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
I was referring to the transfer market, but yes, ideally Anderson is the stretch 4 type. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes the rotation next season.

Not in complete disagreement, however, given prohm has said he expects 10-15 mpg with a bigger rotation, i expext we are open at the 3 and 4 spot. There are a few that could fill that roll, but Luke might be interesting.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Not in complete disagreement, however, given prohm has said he expects 10-15 mpg with a bigger rotation, i expext we are open at the 3 and 4 spot. There are a few that could fill that roll, but Luke might be interesting.

I know Leech has the former 5* aura and Jackson might be a diamond in the rough, but Anderson actually has the highest 24-7 rating of the three of them. I would argue that Anderson had the better offers, too, discounting Leech's interest and offers from some of the major powerhouses in the country before his injury. He might be the best of the three of them.

We just have more need at guard/wing next year than for big men. Jacobson, a healthy Young, and a sophomore Conditt sounds like plenty for the big men space.

ISUTKD

Nov 9, 2009
Portland

Prohm was also very clear in the OTR podcast that he was looking for either/both Zion and Terrence to step up and fill that stretch roll as well. Although you could argue that they are both more traditional threes than stretch 4s.

Reactions: isutrevman

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Prohm was also very clear in the OTR podcast that he was looking for either/both Zion and Terrence to step up and fill that stretch roll as well. Although you could argue that they are both more traditional threes than stretch 4s.

Agree, but no way we are running as much offense through them as we did Shayok, Burton, or Niang.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I know Leech has the former 5* aura and Jackson might be a diamond in the rough, but Anderson actually has the highest 24-7 rating of the three of them. I would argue that Anderson had the better offers, too, discounting Leech's interest and offers from some of the major powerhouses in the country before his injury. He might be the best of the three of them.

We just have more need at guard/wing next year than for big men. Jacobson, a healthy Young, and a sophomore Conditt sounds like plenty for the big men space.

It’s just he may not be able to guard anybody. Prohm has talked about how playing guards early is easier than playing bigs early because of the defensive responsibilities. We were able to hide Georges his freshman year by having him defend the 5 and doubling on post ups. Anderson isn’t a offensive player on the level of Georges.

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not ISU but I thought some would be interested in where Kerry is playing next year. Side note it leave UK with an open scholly that they could use on N'Daily this summer (if he reclassifies).

@coreyevans_10 Kerry Blackshear just committed to Florida, he tells @Rivals. Top grad-transfer makes the Gators a Final Four contender
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/florida-keeps-kerry-blackshear-home

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron