Uni combo for ttu

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It's going to be hot, so the smart thing to do we be the all whites.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I love grey. I do wish our shade was lighter. Like "storm grey," but oh well. It still looks good.

• Agree
Reactions: k123

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I say "gray". "Grey" is for stupid doctor shows and corny sex movies.

Pretty sure this conversation happened with my wife and I when we were dating...

50-shades-of-grey-xbox-play-room.png

I knew she was a keeper when that excited her.

• Funny
Reactions: ISpyCy

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Thank you for not using the word "anthracite."

Anthracite is Nike's particular shade of dark gray. It's the chemical name for coal, which is why the color kind of looks like the same as pencil lead (graphite and coal are both primarily carbon). Besides, I'm pretty sure Nike wants ISU using the term "anthracite" instead of "gray".

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Anthracite is Nike's particular shade of dark gray. It's the chemical name for coal, which is why the color kind of looks like the same as pencil lead (graphite and coal are both primarily carbon). Besides, I'm pretty sure Nike wants ISU using the term "anthracite" instead of "gray".
I'd guess we're dark grey (anthracite) instead of a lighter grey because CMC wants black, but someone probably told him that we can't use straight black because of TOE.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I like the look for TTU.

I like the anthracite with the white jerseys or the anthracite jerseys. I don't like it as well with the cardinal.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I totally disagree that cardinal and gray don't go together. I think it makes the cardinal pop out well. I've got a few ISU shirts that are that dark gray and they look great.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
It's gray.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
And Britain.

Today's english lesson.
Brought to you by c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

As referenced by VeloClone, there are two acceptable spellings for the word gray (grey).
It is most often spelled grAy in "A"merica.
It is most often spelled grEy in "E"ngland.

But no matter how you spell it, it does not look good with the cardinal uniforms. :)
It reminds me of when they tried to incorporate blue into the logos and uniforms back in the day. Someday we will look back on these uniforms and say "What were we thinking?"

• Disagree
Reactions: harimad

SiouxCityCyclone

Nov 10, 2016
Today's english lesson.
Brought to you by c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

As referenced by VeloClone, there are two acceptable spellings for the word gray (grey).
It is most often spelled grAy in "A"merica.
It is most often spelled grEy in "E"ngland.

But no matter how you spell it, it does not look good with the cardinal uniforms. :)
It reminds me of when they tried to incorporate blue into the logos and uniforms back in the day. Someday we will look back on these uniforms and say "What were we thinking?"

Holy crap, never knew about that mnemonic device with grey/gray. What a world we live in!