Korie Lucious - via Michigan State
Scott Christopherson - via Marquette
Diante Garrett
Demarcus Phillips - via Marshalltown Community college

am i missing anyone?

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
While watching the three-shot segment of the highlights posted above, the words "Three Tree" kept running through my head. I don't know what his three point percentage is but Tyree the Three Tree is an ear worm I'm having trouble getting rid of.

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
While watching the three-shot segment of the highlights posted above, the words "Three Tree" kept running through my head. I don't know what his three point percentage is but Tyree the Three Tree is an ear worm I'm having trouble getting rid of.
I guess my question is why?? since his name is Tyrese and not Tyree

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

41% on 137 attempts his Junior Year

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'd love to get a real coach's opinion on how well Steve Prohm coaches.
There were so many times last year that there would be a guy that missed a wide open three or specific players tried to play hero ball.
Once Tyrese went down, we didn't have nearly the talent of any other team. We had to trot Caleb Grill out there for crying out loud. He would have never sniffed the floor the class before. Zion Griffin was nearly unplayable. Tre Jackson a starter? Wow, we had no talent.
With this year and hopefully Tyrese Hunter and others joining, I believe our talent level will stay on par with the Big 12.

At risk of turning this into a Steve Prohm bashing thread, you don't think Prohm has culpability for all those things you just described?

Moving forward, awesome get, if he does commit. The man knows his PGs.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Wisconsin natives from 2010 on have been for the most part very kind to ISU

Tyrese Haliburton
Terrence Lewis
Donovan Jackson - via juco
Darrell Bowie - via NIU
Nick Noskowiak - should this even count? lol
Deonte Burton - via Marquette
Jameel McKay - via Marquette
Matt Thomas
Korie Lucious - via Michigan State
Scott Christopherson - via Marquette
Diante Garrett
Demarcus Phillips - via Marshalltown Community college

am i missing anyone?
How can you forget the Nates? Nate Jenkins and Nate Schuster . . .

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
giphy.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm thrilled about this kid. I do think we will really need Jaden Walker to pan out though, because we need some height in the back court with Harris, Jackson and Hunter being 6'1" or smaller.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I hope his statement says, "I can't wait to be apart of Iowa State University" because it absolutely slays me when recruits do that.

Reactions: Waukee4Cy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm thrilled about this kid. I do think we will really need Jaden Walker to pan out though, because we need some height in the back court with Harris, Jackson and Hunter being 6'1" or smaller.

We obviously hope that Walker pans out (no reason to not to) but I am not concerned about the future years back court height. With the wings ISU is bringing in with Conditt and Foster in the post there is plenty of length to mitigate a smaller back court. Plus in this transfer area there is always a way to bring in a taller guard if it becomes an issue.
Regardless 6'1" is more than enough size for a starting PG in Hunter's case and also assumes he's done growing. I have seen him listed as 6'2" a couple of places already. As always get the best players and figure out the roster later.
Hunter a top 100 pg who is athletic good handle and solid outside shot is a awesome start to the 2021 class and allows for the staff to focus on the next piece (assuming the smoke leads to a 3PM fire).

Reactions: heitclone