Help others is bad …

Guys like Gabe will make ISU a special place … give before you get

Reactions: jdolson27

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Tyrese left for NIL $s

As you said, the two are not mutually exclusive, but as a person you are rooted in principles and those principles are important.

Gabe is giving because he knows he has a platform that can be used for the benefit of others which is different than using it for personal gain.

So happy he’s a Cyclone!!!
I'm happy Gabe is a Cyclone too. Still not sure what Hunter has to do with it. You don't know why he made the decisions he did. I'm not sure if you're aware of his background, but he may have made a decision in the best interest of his family. Do you consider that a decision made for personal gain? Or maybe we should just say what you really mean, do you consider that selfish?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I love Gabe, probably more than most, but are we sure he's got lines of people waiting to ink him an NIL deal?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Tyrese left for NIL $s

As you said, the two are not mutually exclusive, but as a person you are rooted in principles and those principles are important.

Gabe is giving because he knows he has a platform that can be used for the benefit of others which is different than using it for personal gain.

So happy he’s a Cyclone!!!
Stop,

there is no glory in a pyrrihic victory. Let’s move on.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Hunter did everything he was asked to do. I’m thankful for him giving us the year that he did. Hunter is a great talent. He is definitely making NIL money that is significant. Hope he is happy and has a good future but not against the Cyclones. TJ holds no grudges it seems which is great. We shouldn’t either. It is not an accident that TJ’s recruiting our best class ever.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I thought that the ISU collective is paying student athletes for their "charity work". How do we know this isn't what Gabe picked as his charity work for his NIL deal?

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I thought that the ISU collective is paying student athletes for their "charity work". How do we know this isn't what Gabe picked as his charity work for his NIL deal?

You see, Gabe goes to the same college I went to so he must be a good person who has no need for money.

People that choose a different college than me are bad people and only do things for money which I consider bad even though I spend a good portion of my time working a job for money.

Does that clear things up?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
You see, Gabe goes to the same college I went to so he must be a good person who has no need for money.

People that choose a different college than me are bad people and only do things for money which I consider bad even though I spend a good portion of my time working a job for money.

Does that clear things up?
Hot damn, that's well put.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think Gabe's charitable work deserves its own thread if people really want to talk about it. Not use it as an excuse to dump on a player that's not here anymore. Frankly that article shoe horning in an NIL discussion is a joke. But of course it's all about clicks, and an article that's just about charity work doesn't get clicks. Find a way to fire up some righteous indignation though, and now you've got some clicks baby! You'll get people sharing it on message boards and Twitter and get everyone all fired up!

Last edited: