Tre King (Georgetown transfer)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't expect him to be to out of shape, but getting the offense down will take him a bit. That's why I think he slides into the backup 5 roll. He is athletic enough he would fit into the run running roll very well. He is also a good enough shooter to hit some shots out of the pick and pop. I love Jones but he is what he is. Dude will hustle, get you rebounds, and work hard. But he has been a bit exposed in the last 2 games. I think he can still get it done, but has played poorly this last week. So he seems like the most obvious guy to bump out of the rotation.
I would not have expectations of King playing anywhere this year

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
We're going to be whatever we get out of George (fouls always a problem), two forwards,3 guards all the way through.

Putting more talent in the forward rotation (especially one with rim protection skill) is a must.

Reactions: cyence

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Jones has missed about 6 point blank layups . And is way off on free throws. He is not competing well.
Yeah what is up with that? Something is way off here, missing one or two bunnies, it happens. But he is missing everything close in. That is going to bite us in the @ss down the road. Maybe he just has really bad hand eye coordination. Hopefully the coaches are working with him.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Yeah what is up with that? Something is way off here, missing one or two bunnies, it happens. But he is missing everything close in. That is going to bite us in the @ss down the road. Maybe he just has really bad hand eye coordination. Hopefully the coaches are working with him.

He opened the season something like 7/7 thru three games, but against inferior opponents of course.

During the Memphis game, I noticed his stance at the free throw line is off/unconventional. Right foot should be centered on the middle of lane, instead his body is straddling the center. So, he is already starting about six inches too far to the right. His shot also sailed to the right. Center up and he would have been fine. Everything should follow a straight line from toe to knee to elbow to wrist when shooting free throws

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We don’t need him to score and don’t expect him to. He needs to play defense and board. Anything else is bonus
He needs to be more aggressive when he gets it wide open near the hoop. He looks really tentative and unsure if he's even suppose to be shooting.

We don't need to run plays for him but he has to finish those easy baskets or it's the same thing as a turnover.

Reactions: heitclone

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
How many open spots do we have for next year then? Johnson, Foster, and Hinson are 3 spots. Then covid returners don't count against the roster spots right? So Conditt, Gabe, and Brockington's spots are open without possibly losing them? Or am I extremely confused right now?

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Maybe he needs glasses, like "wild thing" in Major League.

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
Maybe he needs glasses or contacts! When I coached Pee Wees I hade a kid that struggled catching the ball then I realized he couldn’t see it. Told his parents and they got him glasses and boom problem was solved became good player for the team!

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I must not have a life. I was creeping on Tre King’s Twitter, and noticed he “liked” the Cyclones last two victory tweets over Memphis the Iowa State Men’s Basketball site put out. He didn’t “like” any other school’s tweets within the past few days. I’d say that’s a GOOD sign!!!

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I would not have expectations of King playing anywhere this year

Agreed but with the incoming class and provided GK and Brockington stay this could be a Top 20 type of team next year.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I must not have a life. I was creeping on Tre King’s Twitter, and noticed he “liked” the Cyclones last two victory tweets over Memphis the Iowa State Men’s Basketball site put out. He didn’t “like” any other school’s tweets within the past few days. I’d say that’s a GOOD sign!!!
Everything points to us getting him on Wednesday.

Reactions: JBone84

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Is he or isn't he eligible for games after the first semester is over?

Last I heard it was unknown if he plays at all this year. If he is cleared to play. We play SE Louisiana and Chicago St after finals. Would be great to get him into a game before the defending champs visit Hilton on January 1, 2022

Reactions: mjhavlo76