Tre King (Georgetown transfer)

State15

Apr 23, 2020
I liked Jaden last year but I think he has been surpassed by everyone. Tough position with such a "new" team but still a very veteran team

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I liked Jaden last year but I think he has been surpassed by everyone. Tough position with such a "new" team but still a very veteran team

He looks totally checked out too. Watch him on the bench, or in the celebration video after the game last night. He isn't celebrating or excited at all for the most part.

• Dumb
Reactions: ChamplinCyclone22

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just a guess but adding King and the 2022 class fills our scholarship limit if Brockington is really the only senior not taking the extra year. If that's the case Walker's scholarship likely gets used on a transfer to bridge the gap until the 2022 class gets their feet wet.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Just a guess but adding King and the 2022 class fills our scholarship limit if Brockington is really the only senior not taking the extra year. If that's the case Walker's scholarship likely gets used on a transfer to bridge the gap until the 2022 class gets their feet wet.
I was thinking about this last night after the game. I hadn't heard about any of the seniors opting for another year, has there been talk from any of the players to this point?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I was thinking about this last night after the game. I hadn't heard about any of the seniors opting for another year, has there been talk from any of the players to this point?
All I've heard was speculation on CF that Brockington being a redshirt senior won't be back but the rest came in with the intent of staying for two.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
All I've heard was speculation on CF that Brockington being a redshirt senior won't be back but the rest came in with the intent of staying for two.
Kunc might be tempted to go pro in Europe instead of playing a 5th year. That is just speculation.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
How does Tre fit in with this team? He looks like a good talent but I would hate to disrupt whatever mojo this team has. Most likely Enaruna and Kunc's mins drop. Though Enaruna isn't as polished offensively his effort and defense have been good and it looks like his offense is starting to develop. Kunc has been great; rebounds, offense, heady play.

I know this team needs more depth at the post but as seen by the game vs Memphis, Chemistry > collection of talent.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
How does Tre fit in with this team? He looks like a good talent but I would hate to disrupt whatever mojo this team has. Most likely Enaruna and Kunc's mins drop. Though Enaruna isn't as polished offensively his effort and defense have been good and it looks like his offense is starting to develop. Kunc has been great; rebounds, offense, heady play.

I know this team needs more depth at the post but as seen by the game vs Memphis, Chemistry > collection of talent.
He is primarily a 4 but he would pass Jones up as the backup 5.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
He is primarily a 4 but he would pass Jones up as the backup 5.
This and let’s be honest if he somehow got the miracle waiver it will take some time to even get in the flow of actual playing in games probably be February before he would even be in full swing, saying that if eligible it would still be huge for this team

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
This and let’s be honest if he somehow got the miracle waiver it will take some time to even get in the flow of actual playing in games probably be February before he would even be in full swing, saying that if eligible it would still be huge for this team
I don't expect him to be to out of shape, but getting the offense down will take him a bit. That's why I think he slides into the backup 5 roll. He is athletic enough he would fit into the run running roll very well. He is also a good enough shooter to hit some shots out of the pick and pop. I love Jones but he is what he is. Dude will hustle, get you rebounds, and work hard. But he has been a bit exposed in the last 2 games. I think he can still get it done, but has played poorly this last week. So he seems like the most obvious guy to bump out of the rotation.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I don't expect him to be to out of shape, but getting the offense down will take him a bit. That's why I think he slides into the backup 5 roll. He is athletic enough he would fit into the run running roll very well. He is also a good enough shooter to hit some shots out of the pick and pop. I love Jones but he is what he is. Dude will hustle, get you rebounds, and work hard. But he has been a bit exposed in the last 2 games. I think he can still get it done, but has played poorly this last week. So he seems like the most obvious guy to bump out of the rotation.

He was playing down a couple levels, stands to reason NBA pipeline guys would get the best of him.

Reactions: CycloneVet