Tre King (Georgetown transfer)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
IncredibleSevereFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif

Now we have to wait to find out about his eligibility.
Ooe3.gif

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I understand the staff is already working on a waiver for him and they want him on the court as early as they can. My question is does ISU’s semester schedule affect his eligibility, since the spring semester does not begin until Jan. 18. There are five conference games in January prior to that date.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
"King will have two years of eligibility remaining."

Now we wait to see when he's able to step foot on the court.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I understand the staff is already working on a waiver for him and they want him on the court as early as they can. My question is does ISU’s semester schedule affect his eligibility, since the spring semester does not begin until Jan. 18. There are five conference games in January prior to that date.

Used to be the 2nd semester started as soon as the fist semester ended from an eligibility standpoint. Maybe that's changed through the years but if not, he would be eligible by January if he gets the waiver.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Seems like an ok pickup. Solid bench player.
seems like it would be hard to come in at semester and pick everything up and gel with teammates.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
seems like it would be hard to come in at semester and pick everything up and gel with teammates.

Seems like it would, particularly when you'd be trying to pick it all up from square one against the toughest part of the schedule. Almost makes you wonder if it wouldn't be better to have the whole semester + summer to get acclimated, and then start off next year ready to go with two years ahead of him.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
McKay seemed to be fine starting mid season. The biggest thing will be having him when Conditt and Jones are in foul trouble. After Iowa we have 3 cupcakes, if he can play in those games to start to get a feel that would be huge.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
McKay seemed to be fine starting mid season. The biggest thing will be having him when Conditt and Jones are in foul trouble. After Iowa we have 3 cupcakes, if he can play in those games to start to get a feel that would be huge.

Trying to remember though- wasn't McKay with the team through at least a semester before he was eligible?

• Agree
Reactions: cdface and CYDJ

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA

2 after fall semester ends Dec 17. I don’t think he can play before then.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
Does anyone know if he is allowed to practice this semester? With the short bench more practice players would help.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So did we settle that, absent a waiver, King can play...

-- after first semester next season (as a junior)
-- one whole season after that (as a senior)

...right?

Yes, I am sure the program might try and move that up with a waiver to play either immediately or at the start of the season next season, but that is where it lands as the default right now?

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
What I don’t fully understand, and I know we are talking NCAA here, is that if he is not granted a waiver for immediate play why would he get one for fall 2022. It would seem that the only options are right away or spring semester as the sit out rule is intended

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
So did we settle that, absent a waiver, King can play...

-- after first semester next season (as a junior)
-- one whole season after that (as a senior)

...right?

Yes, I am sure the program might try and move that up with a waiver to play either immediately or at the start of the season next season, but that is where it lands as the default right now?

Nothing is settled. It will be an NCAA decision as to when he can play

Reactions: davegilbertson

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron