Toxic Boss - How do you cope?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Are you sure your boss was the problem. You are hired to do a job. Try not complaining about those who hire you.

Of course your hired to do a iob, problem is that companies slowly start adding to your responsibilities without appropriate compensation. I’d bet that’s what was napping with Peter.

Also, did you not read through truth read? Did you kiss the threats and sexual harassment he was going through?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Got laid off this week by my psycho boss so I guess the circle is complete. She owns a house in Italy, an apartment in Paris and a condo on lake shore drive in Chicago, but somehow can’t find a way to keep paying me my small salary. I was doing two jobs for her at half of what I should be making but somehow I’m expendable. I will never again give my labor away like that.

My offer from January still stands! Sorry to hear this but hopefully it leads to better opportunities. I know a few companies are still hiring now and state may still be hiring contact tracers.

Reactions: Peter

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Got laid off this week by my psycho boss so I guess the circle is complete. She owns a house in Italy, an apartment in Paris and a condo on lake shore drive in Chicago, but somehow can’t find a way to keep paying me my small salary. I was doing two jobs for her at half of what I should be making but somehow I’m expendable. I will never again give my labor away like that.

Sorry, dude. Getting cut loose is never fun, even if it’s a miserable job. On the plus side, there’s never been a better time to collect unemployment. Enjoy that sweet federal bonus cash while you find a job that doesn’t suck.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Sorry, dude. Getting cut loose is never fun, even if it’s a miserable job. On the plus side, there’s never been a better time to collect unemployment. Enjoy that sweet federal bonus cash while you find a job that doesn’t suck.
Bonus cash is done

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Me thinks you'll feel WAY better mentally in very short order. Of course there is the job search stress but too many of us put up with too much stuff that we can "justify" incrementally though the years. The insidious nature of workplace stress is quite literally a killer... Best of luck with any and all new opportunities...

Art-related question... And if this is too soon let me know... But we're re-doing our art displays in our new home and I want more of a gallery look and REALLY want a more secure way of hanging/displaying art. We've had paintings pull out of the wall even with the heavy duty hooks that go into drywall at an angle. Is there a rail / track system you're familiar with that you could recommend?

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Me thinks you'll feel WAY better mentally in very short order. Of course there is the job search stress but too many of us put up with too much stuff that we can "justify" incrementally though the years. The insidious nature of workplace stress is quite literally a killer... Best of luck with any and all new opportunities...

Art-related question... And if this is too soon let me know... But we're re-doing our art displays in our new home and I want more of a gallery look and REALLY want a more secure way of hanging/displaying art. We've had paintings pull out of the wall even with the heavy duty hooks that go into drywall at an angle. Is there a rail / track system you're familiar with that you could recommend?

I'm not an art dealer but if you're looking for heavy duty and based on your last sentence, what you're looking for are french cleats.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

1596923867667.jpeg
You used the second from the left?

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

thanks! I appreciate it. This hanging system worked great at our gallery, although there are many similar systems out there and I don’t know the exact difference. The great thing about these is that you can adjust and switch out pictures without pounding a bunch of new holes in your wall. https://www.picturehangingsystems.c...YnIreN7yo_OvLrB0j4V8hP9ggwdvyNAQaAuP0EALw_wcB

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron