Tom Herman

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Sat in the second row behind Texas’ bench yesterday and was surprised how little he interacted with players and coaches. Just paced the sidelines the entire time.

Also, didn’t know you could chew on the sidelines either. He cleared a couple big dips out during the game.
Gross.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
As much as Herman is a tool and would deserve being fired if they fire him they will never get back to being Texas. Firing Herman is just absolute entitlement.
I respectfully disagree in this regard -> firing him would be the most UT thing of all. Entitlement = UT = firing a coach for having a winning record and bowl wins ('cuz they did not win a c'ship).

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
It felt like I saw as many Iowa fans yesterday as Texas ones. Guy near my section was wearing a full Herky onesie, I s*** you not. Just don't get it with those people.

I was asked by a friend earlier this week if I wanted to go with him to Kinnick for tailgate and the game. I said no, because I had my own tailgate and game to go to...
Yeah - these people are idiots. I see it every year - the Hok fan who has NO clue about their team or when their team plays, but shows up to an ISU game to root against the Cyclones. I never saw that when ISU was terrible in football. It shows just how threatened that fan base is by Coach Campbell. They are upset that our current coaching staff, players AND fans count the Iowa game as probably the 10th most important game on our schedule. They absolutely loved it during the McCarney years (and even the Rhoads years to a certain extent) where an Iowa win was probably the most or second most important game to our coaches and fan base.

For as much as they like to call US "little 'bro," the actions, of people like the one you mentioned, speak louder than words & shows who the REAL "little brother" is.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

texas-oops.gif

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Tom didn't want to make the Sugar Bowl again anyway after he learned the Sugar part was just that.... sugar and not cocaine, much less have any strippers to snort it off of.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Attachments

• 8118C2EC-6239-4CAF-B905-FED20BFD46DA.jpeg
    8118C2EC-6239-4CAF-B905-FED20BFD46DA.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 288

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Rest assured, I hate Herman as much as anyone, so it pains me defend him. But what did Herman do yesterday that was so egregious? Are people complaining strictly about jumping offsides on the FG? Or is these complaints more of the broader, "Texas should never lose to Iowa State" variety?

I can pretty much guarantee Tom Herman yesterday did something that many people would think made him look like a jack bag.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I didn’t see a first team all conference player in the field for TX. Not sure there is a second team all conference player there.

Seriously.

I only caught the first half but the way the Fox dudes were gushing over Ehlinger you would have thought he's a Heisman shoe in.

They were really emphatic about his stats and such, but got pretty calm when showing all the things Purdy is top ten in.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I only caught the first half but the way the Fox dudes were gushing over Ehlinger you would have thought he's a Heisman shoe in.

They were really emphatic about his stats and such, but got pretty calm when showing all the things Purdy is top ten in.
And Ehlinger is, at best, the fourth best QB in the league.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
What happened to Herman? When he was hired by ISU he had a great innovative offense. At ISU his offense was ok nothing special but it was blamed on subpar players. At OSU he was good but that was with Urban holding his hand. Last night that offense was just bad. They looked like Iowa out there at times. Also remember when Yancy McKnight was at ISU had the team had a bunch of weird injuries, now it seems like Texas is having the same thing going on.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Rest assured, I hate Herman as much as anyone, so it pains me defend him. But what did Herman do yesterday that was so egregious? Are people complaining strictly about jumping offsides on the FG? Or is these complaints more of the broader, "Texas should never lose to Iowa State" variety?

The second.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Sat in the second row behind Texas’ bench yesterday and was surprised how little he interacted with players and coaches. Just paced the sidelines the entire time.

Also, didn’t know you could chew on the sidelines either. He cleared a couple big dips out during the game.

A ton of college football coaches chew. Maybe not head coaches but a ton of assistants/grad assistants/analysts chew on the sidelines.

• Informative
Reactions: cycloneworld

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron