Time to pay the man

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
we won’t be able to match Michigan, OSU or SEC big programs money but what we can do is to keep things in perspective. Going 8-4 in the SEC will probably give you a sack if you can’t beat certain school(s). Same with Michigan - if you can’t beat tOSU then, your seat will always be warm.
Be supportive and reasonable - trust the process all the time. There will be bumps along the road but the process has delivered and will always deliver!

This is a trap all fans fall into. Campbell doesn't think he'd go to Michigan and fail. He doesn't think that he'd go 8-4 and they'd get rid of him. He thinks that he'd win there.

The good thing for us, is for the first time, we have a coach here that KNOWS he can win here.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Anyone know the details of Campbell's contract, how much does he get for making the big 12 championship that's basically a formality at this point?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don’t know....look at what is coming back here next year...Iowa state has been a better program than Michigan for a couple years now, will be next year as well

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Anyone know the details of Campbell's contract, how much does he get for making the big 12 championship that's basically a formality at this point?

This was from 2018:
A $100,000 bonus triggers with a Big 12 Championship appearance.

A $250,000 bonus triggers with a regular-season championship and a loss in the Big 12 Championship.

Campbell will receive a $500,000 bonus with a Big 12 Championship and a regular-season championship.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Newbies... all of ya. Campbell stays on for another year at minimum.
Trusting Pollard (who has been my worst ISU sports enemy for a while) to recognize any issues with the football coaching group, and make those issues 'square' with anyone who has negative issues.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Newbies... all of ya. Campbell stays on for another year at minimum.
Trusting Pollard (who has been my worst ISU sports enemy for a while) to recognize any issues with the football coaching group, and make those issues 'square' with anyone who has negative issues.
Speak english will you!

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I vote we get rid of Manning.
tenor.gif

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Again, I intend to call and increase donations to Cyclone Club and Grid Iron Club...and hope others are too.

Back in their B12 days, A&M did a Century Club and heavily promoted it. Basically; they worked to get all of their alumni, who weren’t donors, to donate just $100 annually. $100 times an alumni base, especially theirs, really can move the needle. We need something similar.

It‘s a tough year, but everyone needs to step up!

Maybe a $108 thing for when we win the championship? Or we're fairly close to Jack Trice 100 year anniversary.

It's a good idea and I'd definitely try to get my friends to donate that. No chance they donate anything significant though.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
It would be nice for us to not be used as a stepping stone, so I hope Matt will stay.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Again, I intend to call and increase donations to Cyclone Club and Grid Iron Club...and hope others are too.

Back in their B12 days, A&M did a Century Club and heavily promoted it. Basically; they worked to get all of their alumni, who weren’t donors, to donate just $100 annually. $100 times an alumni base, especially theirs, really can move the needle. We need something similar.

It‘s a tough year, but everyone needs to step up!
As a young ISU alum who can't quite afford the Cyclone/Grid Iron Club yet (but fully intend to down the road), I would absolutely be a part of this

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
It will never be about the money for Campbell. It will be about building something and building a culture. He walked away from a full ride scholarship to pay his way at a D3 school to be a part of a culture. He is wired differently than most. He may not be here forever, but isn’t going to jump because someone offered more money/better facilities.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
The difference between $3m and $5m is massive in terms of absolute dollars but it doesn't really improve quality of life in any meaningful way. Once you reach that level of income you need a yuge jump to change lifestyle, plus a D1 coach doesn't have a lot of time to travel the world in the offseason with 4 young kids in tow.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneworld

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The difference between $3m and $5m is massive in terms of absolute dollars but it doesn't really improve quality of life in any meaningful way. Once you reach that level of income you need a yuge jump to change lifestyle, plus a D1 coach doesn't have a lot of time to travel the world in the offseason with 4 young kids in tow.
Having a consistent 3.5MM a year in the same place can be better also than 5 MM in one town, get let go after 5, have a year and then coach a lower level or be a coordinator for year while bouncing around and then land another. Rough on a family and you own a lot of houses.