Time to circle the wagons

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Let's face reality, the rich will only get richer. No team outside of the SEC besides OSU and Clemson will probably ever win another national championship. ACC, BIG8, PAC12 and all other FBS teams need to form a new football organization - the Amateur College Football Alliance. No teams from SEC, BIIG, or ND are included and can not be scheduled as opponents - even for bowl games. No player transfers are allowed to these teams. Let the filthy rich semi-pro teams fight it out separately from the average good guys and let the public decide what they want to watch. Sound crazy? This already happened in 1977, when the CFA was formed to combat the NCAA's power over college football.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Let's face reality, the rich will only get richer. No team outside of the SEC besides OSU and Clemson will probably ever win another national championship. ACC, BIG8, PAC12 and all other FBS teams need to form a new football organization - the Amateur College Football Alliance. No teams from SEC, BIIG, or ND are included and can not be scheduled as opponents - even for bowl games. No player transfers are allowed to these teams. Let the filthy rich semi-pro teams fight it out separately from the average good guys and let the public decide what they want to watch. Sound crazy? This already happened in 1977, when the CFA was formed to combat the NCAA's power over college football.

How'd this work out for them? I've never heard of the CFA and I'm old.

• Haha
Reactions: agentbear

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Lol how do you enforce “no transfers to those teams”. Those teams would laugh and take their transfer and play them right away.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013

To be honest, I would be OK with this. I would NEVER watch any of the semi-pro ball just like I don't watch NFL. The relative differences between the haves and the have nots now cause some of this not to be very fun. So, it could cause a good change. I'm not sure how it shakes out, but this proposal is not too bad. There are idiots that would watch the SEC jagoffs because they are "the elite" universities or whatever, but I think it would be far fewer than today since it would have nothing to do with their main interest, their local university or school they root for.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Lol how do you enforce “no transfers to those teams”. Those teams would laugh and take their transfer and play them right away.

It appears to me to be about relative talent. I don't watch the NBA, even though they have MUCH more talent than ISU or anyone in the Big 12. I watch the Big 12 because I care about the Big 12, I watch other conferences to compare my team and the big 12 to. When my players get "stolen" by the NBA, I cease to care as much about them. I wish them well and understand why they left (to make money, like everyone else wants to.) But, I stop caring about them that much and hope to field more competitors against the other schools' left over players from the NBA. This just adds a minor league where the players could make more than at my school and less than in the big leagues. Once again, no skin off my nose.

Reactions: Rex O Herlihan

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
[/QUOTE
put all the blue bloods in a league of their own call it semi pro and leave what’s left to make up college football!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yep. That's not going to happen. If you implement anything punitive like that, you might as well sign your own death warrant.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
CFA was just a collective barging club for TV rights. Once the SEC left the CFA, the party was over.

It ended up that way. They started with grand plans of separating from the NCAA, with their own eligibility/scholarship rules (among other things). That went nowhere fast.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
We need 10 team geographic conferences. I would love to travel to away games. If you had a conf with Iowa, Wisc, MN, Mizz, KS, you could travel to see every game. And you would have actual rivals. This is just so messed up. Sell me a college football package for every game streaming and form conferences that are fun again.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We need 10 team geographic conferences. I would love to travel to away games. If you had a conf with Iowa, Wisc, MN, Mizz, KS, you could travel to see every game. And you would have actual rivals. This is just so messed up. Sell me a college football package for every game streaming and form conferences that are fun again.
That makes too much sense to ever happen. However, count me in just in case.

Reactions: allin4clones

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
FirstDazzlingDiamondbackrattlesnake-max-1mb.gif