Tiger Lane Tailgating Spots

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Question for Memphis locals. Is Tiger Lane open on Friday night if we want to set up for tailgating? Can you come in anytime on Friday? And can we stay there overnight? We may be arriving very, very late.

Got my passes in the mail today. C189 and C190.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Got my passes in the mail today. C189 and C190.

Cool. Hoping mine are in the mail when I get home. Did it come with a map that shows where the specific parking spots are?

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Question for Memphis locals. Is Tiger Lane open on Friday night if we want to set up for tailgating? Can you come in anytime on Friday? And can we stay there overnight? We may be arriving very, very late.

Same question for the RV lots, we have a spot in lot 15 and it does say lots open 8am the day before the game- do people stay over night, safe?

TigerFan17

Dec 5, 2017
Same question for the RV lots, we have a spot in lot 15 and it does say lots open 8am the day before the game- do people stay over night, safe?

Perfectly safe! Our tailgate crew is anchored in the rv lot, and the couple always stays, either the night before or the night after, depending on game time. They have never had a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Spanky and NWICY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Perfectly safe! Our tailgate crew is anchored in the rv lot, and the couple always stays, either the night before or the night after, depending on game time. They have never had a problem.

Two questions:

1. Can you come in to Tiger Lane any time on Friday night? Even after midnight?
2. How do you know where your spots in Tiger Lane are? I got the passes, but I can't find a map online that has space numbers, only section numbers.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Two questions:

1. Can you come in to Tiger Lane any time on Friday night? Even after midnight?
2. How do you know where your spots in Tiger Lane are? I got the passes, but I can't find a map online that has space numbers, only section numbers.

This will help:
http://www.highlandhundred.org/TigerLane.pdf

We are also still looking for a Tiger Lane pass(or two) if anyone has any extra!

Reactions: Cycsk

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR

Fantastic, thank you - now we just have to watch the weather a little bit - some models calling for Freezing Rain/Snow - I moved to Little Rock 7 years ago so getting used to it, but Clone fans - its not like in Iowa- if it snows - assume the first inch will turn to solid ice as it melts on the pavement and refreezes and then snows on top of that... More to come on this

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Two questions:

Can you come in to Tiger Lane any time on Friday night? Even after midnight?

In the absence of answers from our Tiger-posting friends, I called the Liberty Bowl. They said you can pull into Tiger Lane anytime after 8am Friday morning, even after midnight Friday night. Good to know.

Reactions: TigerFan17

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I am getting worried about my tickets, I called the ticket office on monday and they told me they shipped my tickets last Friday, but it is Wednesday and UPS has not delivered them yet, you would think it should not be taking this long since I live Ankeny. Will wait Thursday. I can see my section number, row and assigned seats from my ISU athletic account online, so I know we didn't miss out. I wouldn't think they have been stolen from my door while we are at work...been seeing on TV that low class fools are stealing people's stuff during this holiday season. I believe Ankeny isn't hood like that, but I guess thugs are everywhere, maybe I am just paranoid. I wonder if ISU has tracking numbers for the shipments. Anyone still waiting on their tickets still?

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I am getting worried about my tickets, I called the ticket office on monday and they told me they shipped my tickets last Friday, but it is Wednesday and UPS has not delivered them yet, you would think it should not be taking this long since I live Ankeny. Will wait Thursday. I can see my section number, row and assigned seats from my ISU athletic account online, so I know we didn't miss out. I wouldn't think they have been stolen from my door while we are at work...been seeing on TV that low class fools are stealing people's stuff during this holiday season. I believe Ankeny isn't hood like that, but I guess thugs are everywhere, maybe I am just paranoid. I wonder if ISU has tracking numbers for the shipments. Anyone still waiting on their tickets still?

Mine had a tracking number I think they all do. UPS should be able to tell you if they were delivered and Iowa State should have a tracking number.

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

In a worst case scenario, I'm sure they can void the hard copy tickets and reissue new electronic ones to you.

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
You aren't allowed to use multiple spaces to set up. Plenty of people in other lots set up an EZ up behind their car and tailgate. Just use common sense, wait until the row you are parked on is fairly well populated so you aren't blocking traffic. Don't leave your tents set up if you aren't on tiger lane, take them down and throw them in the car before entering the stadium. Bring weights for your EX up legs, no stakes even on Tiger Lane.

If you get there early the spots on the edges of the blue lot but up against grass, you can tailgate there as well.

The next best tailgating spot after tiger lane is actually the grass lots listed as purple 18 and purple 19. Because of the trees and the way they lay the rows out there is plenty of space to tailgate.

I'm basing this on going to Tiger home games for years, I actually haven't been to the LB game in a while but the same people are managing parking so it should be the same. Our group has three spots on Tiger Lane for this game, we normally only have one.
It sounds like Blue 10 and the Purple Lots are all that will be open for General Admission parking.

LBMS_GENERAL_SITE_PLAN.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It sounds like Blue 10 and the Purple Lots are all that will be open for General Admission parking.

LBMS_GENERAL_SITE_PLAN.jpg

Is there a link about this? Five years ago, the Tan lot was a public lot too. And I think there are lots across the street (perhaps private property owners that sell parking).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron