Tickets for UNLV game

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
When I spoke to the group ticket sells department last week she said that if there is enough demand, they will open up 3 more sections on the opposite side of the stadium for group sales, sections 225 to 227 I believe she said, sometime in July. They have a list currently of people wanting group tickets, you must purchase at least 20.

I purchased my tickets in round one and was able to purchase more a couple days later. She made it sound like I could purchase more since I already have purchased the minimum.

• Informative
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
I did the whole freak out thing the first time we played in the Liberty Bowl...paid waaaay too much a couple weeks before the game, not wanting to miss out on tix. Walking into the game, they’re practically giving away the things for $15 on the street. Lesson learned.
I think it’ll be similar in Vegas.

We paid $10 at the Liberty Bowl for tickets and felt pretty good about only paying 15 at the Alamo Bowl until right after we bought them we could have got in for free!

PhiClone1769

Dec 19, 2020
Chicago
Just thought I would throw this out there...I am an alum of both Iowa State and UNLV. Currently, with my alumni discount at UNLV the cheapest tickets I could get were going to be around $300. That said, I never once paid more than $20 for a UNLV home football game in previous years.

They expect single game tickets to become available mid-August.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Just thought I would throw this out there...I am an alum of both Iowa State and UNLV. Currently, with my alumni discount at UNLV the cheapest tickets I could get were going to be around $300. That said, I never once paid more than $20 for a UNLV home football game in previous years.

They expect single game tickets to become available mid-August.

Very informative. I guess I will hold the line until single-game tickets hit the market.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Very informative. I guess I will hold the line until single-game tickets hit the market.

Or until the market falls from the UNLV season ticket holders who are trying to gouge ISU fans. Got to think that prices will drop hard right before the game.

Plus, that just seems like a Vegas way to get tickets!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This is college sports, it's all about $$. They 100% will not turn away any ticket sales. I am not sure why everyone is worried. They will open up sections of the top if they can sell the tickets.
I’d say that depends on their contract with the stadium. It’s not like it’s a University-owned facility, right?

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I just got an email from Rachel with group tickets in Vegas, we purchased corner endzone, lower deck sections 128 or 129, they will not know until tomorrow. You must purchase 20 but we bought them at $165 a ticket.

Go Cyclones

Reactions: Didley

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
I just got an email from Rachel with group tickets in Vegas, we purchased corner endzone, lower deck sections 128 or 129, they will not know until tomorrow. You must purchase 20 but we bought them at $165 a ticket.

Go Cyclones
Was just about to post this. I didn't expect them to open the lower level for group sales.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Was just about to post this. I didn't expect them to open the lower level for group sales.
I didn't either, when I talked to her before she said we would be in the 2nd deck, but the tickets we purchased are in the corner of the endzone. They must still have lower deck seats that they have not released until today. I wonder if they will not try the group sales for a week or two and then open up what they have left to smaller groups.

One less thing to worry about, we now have everything booked and ready to go.

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
We paid $10 at the Liberty Bowl for tickets and felt pretty good about only paying 15 at the Alamo Bowl until right after we bought them we could have got in for free!

I did the same thing for the big dance in Milwaukee and the tickets went from $100+ to $5 once I got there. Very few people are going to make the trip to vegas without a ticket, and UNLV fans don't exist so there won't be many people buying tickets the day of.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I didn't either, when I talked to her before she said we would be in the 2nd deck, but the tickets we purchased are in the corner of the endzone. They must still have lower deck seats that they have not released until today. I wonder if they will not try the group sales for a week or two and then open up what they have left to smaller groups.

One less thing to worry about, we now have everything booked and ready to go.

I was looking to get a few more, but you have to buy 20. She told me the second week of July they probably will be opening up more 200 level sections on a more individual basis.

• Informative