THT & Monte in conference finals

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
It has been great to see all the former Cyclones MBB players in the bubble in the NBA playoffs. I remember in one of the Ja/Nuggets games, there was a time when Georges was switched onto guarding Monte. I believe Monte Morris and Talen Horton-Tucker are the only two remaining (Matt Thomas went out with Toronto defeat by Boston; Georges Niang went out with defeat by Monte's Denver Nuggets; Marial Shayock (don't believe he saw any playoff game action) went out with the Sixer's defeat by the Celtics; Na Mitrou-Long's (don't believe he saw any playoff game action) season ended when the Heat beat his Pacers in the first round. The ISU Daily has a playoff tracker https://www.iowastatedaily.com/spor...cle_da04c38a-e0dd-11ea-a9de-d3449c3ce6b7.html

Monte sees regular rotation time, even with the shortened bench during the playoffs. THT seems to only be getting mop-up minutes with the Lakers. I did find a few interesting articles about them if you have time for fun reads.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
THT landed in the best position possible. He was never going to be a "good" NBA player from day 1 but has a ton of potential. If he keeps eating up information from guys like LeBron, AD and maybe most importantly for his skill set Danny Green he should have a fruitful career.

These playoffs have been fun to watch with all of the Iowa State guy's.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Jeff Van Gundy was giving high praise to Monte last night during their game seven vs the Clippers. Complimented Monte on his consistency, knowing his role, low turnovers. Said he could start for a lot of teams.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Yeah, I had a pretty good idea how that all went down when I first saw it. Lebron talks smack to the "Rook" (whether he is actually a rookie or not) as soon as he comes in the game. When Monte' has the audacity to talk back to Lebron after hitting a shot over him Lebron is all up in arms about it.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yeah, I had a pretty good idea how that all went down when I first saw it. Lebron talks smack to the "Rook" (whether he is actually a rookie or not) as soon as he comes in the game. When Monte' has the audacity to talk back to Lebron after hitting a shot over him Lebron is all up in arms about it.
Monte: “That’ll teach you to play defense”
LeBron: “Whu?!!”

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
THT landed in the best position possible. He was never going to be a "good" NBA player from day 1 but has a ton of potential. If he keeps eating up information from guys like LeBron, AD and maybe most importantly for his skill set Danny Green he should have a fruitful career.

These playoffs have been fun to watch with all of the Iowa State guy's.

Small sample size but THT actually played very well in the playoff game where he got first half minutes.

That alone is pretty impressive for someone his age with hardly any NBA minutes.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Lets go Monte!

I've been listening to Nuggets radio on my commute for two years now. Totally adopted NBA team. Their radio guys are great, very good amount of homerism without making you feel guilty/dirty about it.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Small sample size but THT actually played very well in the playoff game where he got first half minutes.

That alone is pretty impressive for someone his age with hardly any NBA minutes.
No doubt. Being good in the NBA is just insanely difficult these days. He's taken full advantage of his minutes and IMO has the most potential of any of the ISU guys in the league right now. I expect him, Nader, Monte and (getting ahead of myself) Tyrese to still be in the league 10 years from now, barring injuries.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've been listening to Nuggets radio on my commute for two years now. Totally adopted NBA team. Their radio guys are great, very good amount of homerism without making you feel guilty/dirty about it.
My son had to build a slide that introduced himself to the class. He put the Nuggets on there. Pretty big considering he lives in the metro of a different NBA team. He likes Monte' a lot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron