THT Going into the Draft

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Could happen, it's close. You think THT will be off the board before Cavs 2nd pick?

The first few mocks I looked at had a center with that pick, although the next few just a little bit ago had a guard. I hope it does because I need a New Jersey.... Irving and James jerseys aren’t doing it for my anymore.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Today's ESPN Insider draft post has THT going in the 2nd round at #33 to the Sixers. Hope that doesn't happen...but I wonder how nervous his advisors are at this point?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
There was a blog post about him on a Pacers fan site last week. The author felt like 18 (where Indy picks) might be too high to invest a pick in THT. I think he's probably right; late first round is where I'd feel comfortable taking him. Plenty of potential there but he's going to need a lot of time to develop his game, too.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Today's ESPN Insider draft post has THT going in the 2nd round at #33 to the Sixers. Hope that doesn't happen...but I wonder how nervous his advisors are at this point?

They were talking about THT's draft position on Miller and Condon a couple weks ago but I can't remember who the guest was. Long story short they basically said that they felt pretty certain that THT was advised to stay in the draft and that there were late 1st round teams that told him that they would take him if he was still on the board. This happens a lot...

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
THT was always toeing the 1/2 line, but as the time nears, he seems to be sliding moreso to the second.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
CBS Sports (Gary Parrish) Mock Draft... No THT in the first round.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...looks-like-a-good-fit-for-the-knicks-at-no-3/

Man, could have been you Lindell (next season)...

WARRIORS

Carsen Edwards | Purdue | Jr | PG | 6-0 | 199

Edwards' incredible performances in the NCAA Tournament — especially his 42-point game against the Virginia team that went on to win the national championship — helped the Purdue junior with NBA front offices, and now he's a likely first-round pick. The 6-0 guard averaged 24.3 points in 35.4 minutes per game this season while shooting 35.5% from 3-point range. At worst, I think, Edwards projects as an instant-offense contributer perfectly suited to come off of the bench for a team filled with shooters like Golden State.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I wouldn't want him in Toronto.

Raw and talented but will never hit that ceiling with his selfish play.

A season or two of connecting flights and busing from one G League outpost to another can can do wonders for a person's humility. He's worth the pick just to see how he develops and matures.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: RedDog and cyfan21

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
NBC sports did a podcast recently and had him going to Portland at 26. They said Portland has no problem drafting guys that won't contribute right away.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone