They different in Arkansas...

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Not surprising but he did get bit and had to go get a rabies shot:

• Sad
Reactions: NWICY

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I realize that Arkansas is not in the Big 12 but that stadium and crowd tells me that Iowa State is wise not to try to compete with the southern schools in baseball.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I realize that Arkansas is not in the Big 12 but that stadium and crowd tells me that Iowa State is wise not to try to compete with the southern schools in baseball.
Yep, there are few schools north of the Mason Dixon that can truly compete in baseball at this point. I love baseball but hockey makes way more sense for ISU if we ever look to add a men's sport (I know Title IX is blocking that currently).

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah a lot of the facilities for baseball in the South now are pretty sweet. That football tv money being spread around some to those parks.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Big deal. That's how you grab a racoon. Ever grab a possum? Even easier. ******* city slickers.
Yeah maybe you get lucky. The fur of the raccoon is pretty loose and they are fast, vicious, and powerful. Sure it can be done but rabies, severe bites and infections are not worth playing a hero with wild tooth and claw.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If ISU were to add another scholarship program, it would be wise to go with hockey rather than baseball.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Not surprising but he did get bit and had to go get a rabies shot:

The Dumba## needed to get bit! Lucky it was a small raccoon, a big one would have mangled him. Had a German Sheppard tangle with one and after stitches, he never attacked one again.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Yeah maybe you get lucky. The fur of the raccoon is pretty loose and they are fast, vicious, and powerful. Sure it can be done but rabies, severe bites and infections are not worth playing a hero with wild tooth and claw.

I was kidding. No way in hell I would ever attempt to pick up a raccoon.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
FWIW that's the general proper spot to grab an animal like that like how a mother carries their young...but it looked like that wasn't the first time he'd grabbed a raccoon.

Yes much like Borat mentions a wife with “plow experience” I think Arkansas probably has a decent amount of raccoon handling experience.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron