The most awful beer

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Sam Adams does make some Ales as well, but you're right the flagship is the Boston Lager. And their ales are good, darn it! It's an exciting day when I walk into Hy-Vee and see that Summer Ale is back on the shelves.

Yeah, but since he just generically sid, "Sam Adams", I assume flagship. I guess what inspired me to post was the "any ale" comment. That's almost like saying, "All Beer sucks"

Together2813

Mar 29, 2006
Omaha, NE
Just getting back from Jamaica, and wow does Red Stripe taste different down there. It is really sweet and not at all bitter and skunky. Here it tastes just nasty.

+1 Agree 100% on this. When I head to Jamaica I down Red Stripe like its going out of style. I bet you it's a bit sweeter because they use sugar cane for everything... maybe even their beer?

I will have a Red Stripe at home from time to time because I can still kind of taste the Red Stripe taste in Jamaica. Then it feels like I'm back on a beach enjoying the babe watching :) Crap I miss Jamaica... Time to go to Applevacations.com and book a trip!! It has almost been a year since going down there!:no:

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Keystone Ice and it's not even close. Dogfood at it's finest

Together2813

Mar 29, 2006
Omaha, NE
+1 Agree 100% on this. When I head to Jamaica I down Red Stripe like its going out of style. I bet you it's a bit sweeter because they use sugar cane for everything... maybe even their beer?

I will have a Red Stripe at home from time to time because I can still kind of taste the Red Stripe taste in Jamaica. Then it feels like I'm back on a beach enjoying the babe watching :) Crap I miss Jamaica... Time to go to Applevacations.com and book a trip!! It has almost been a year since going down there!:no:

Well I don't see anything about sugar cane being added to Red Stripe but.... ugh.... How about fish!!!

red stripe – Beeriety

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I have not stumbled across to many beers I would not have a second of if offered and throughly enjoy trying all new brews. However, one time at El Bait Shop in Des Moines, I ordered a Rogue Smoke Ale. Bad mistake! It tasted like someone had dumped a whole bottle of Tones liquid smoke in it. It was so potent I couldn't finish it.

Rauchbier is certainly an acquired taste. I can't say it's my favorite style, bu tit's certainly unique.

Raw sugar isn't generally an ingredient in beer, especially low gravity beer ala Red Stripe. It does get added sometimes to beer, particularly belgian styles, to get a higher alcohol content.

It probably tastes different because it's fresh.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Just getting back from Jamaica, and wow does Red Stripe taste different down there. It is really sweet and not at all bitter and skunky. Here it tastes just nasty.

I'd say the same thing about Dos Equis - it tasted a lot better in Riviera Maya than it ever did here in the States, although at least it's still very drinkable here.