MLB: The best thing about baseball...

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Was the random white noise of the 1/3 full stadiums...now that is gone it’s somehow even more boring than it was before.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's weird, but I'm glad it is back.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
...is that when it's the only major sport going in the summertime it makes me more appreciative of football and basketball.

There are parts of the game I like and if there's a no-no or perfect game or something historic brewing I'll watch, but I can't remember the last time I watched a game from start to finish.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Was the random white noise of the 1/3 full stadiums...now that is gone it’s somehow even more boring than it was before.
giphy.gif

Reactions: ianoconnor

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hey at least if a player hits a milestone home run this year they will be able to get the baseball.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Soccer is a good sport for short people who are also poor.
Upper middle class soccer moms will object to this. If poor parent behavior is a guide to a sports popularity, soccer has already surpassed baseball and basketball and approaching that of football.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Softball is a much more viewer-friendly sport. They aren’t holding runners on first base endlessly. Batters put so much pressure on the defense because they get to first base so quickly. Still plenty of long ball. And elite pitchers have breath-taking speed and amazing rise balls.
Also, seven innings is a better game length.
If it were done right, pro softball should be able to build a niche and revenue level on par with ladie’s golf or tennis.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Softball is a much more viewer-friendly sport. They aren’t holding runners on first base endlessly. Batters put so much pressure on the defense because they get to first base so quickly. Still plenty of long ball. And elite pitchers have breath-taking speed and amazing rise balls.
Also, seven innings is a better game length.
If it were done right, pro softball should be able to build a niche and revenue level on par with ladie’s golf or tennis.

I agree, it has a lot of the aspects that were lost in baseball when they started building all these little joke fields.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Love the game of baseball, but don't keep up with the MLB as much as I do with the NBA and NFL. I will say though that going to a baseball game is so much fun, especially once you're able to drink a few ball park beers (or 10). The atmosphere and aesthetic of MLB games is tremendous. My wife and I are trying to go to every ball park in America with one another. Believe we've been to 11 so we're about a 3rd of the way there.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid