The aftermath

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Any thoughts if we would possibly take a look at re-involving ourselves with Courtney Ramey? 4 or 5-star pg, I think. Know he was on our radar before he committed to Louisville, and now he is re-opening his recruitment.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think anybody recruiting any of these kids needs to be extremely careful. The NCAA is going to be all over them, and if they are ruled ineligible it could be backdated. IMO we just go for Conditt and THT and call it a year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I think anybody recruiting any of these kids needs to be extremely careful. The NCAA is going to be all over them, and if they are ruled ineligible it could be backdated. IMO we just go for Conditt and THT and call it a year.

I get your point, and you could be right. Just wondering. Also, just because the Bowen money exchange and/or the Louisville connection, does it necessarily mean that 'every' player that decommits from any of these (so far) investigated coaches/schools indicates they'll be scrutinized as they try to move on to play college basketball?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
No way. Anyone involved is too nuclear right now.

Oh I understand. But I also didn't know if the NCAA would keep the how many ever future decommiting players from moving on with their careers, tho, either. Guess I thought it was more like these recruits wanted 'out' of a bad situation versus they were all guilty, damaged goods, or fleeing penalty themselves. The whole corruption thing seems overwhelming to me as to where it starts and where it will end.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Oh I understand. But I also didn't know if the NCAA would keep the how many ever future decommiting players from moving on with their careers, tho, either. Guess I thought it was more like these recruits wanted 'out' of a bad situation versus they were all guilty, damaged goods, or fleeing penalty themselves. The whole corruption thing seems overwhelming to me as to where it starts and where it will end.

I don't think the NCAA matters. You stay away from these guys as a program to keep the federal investigators away, whether we're guilty or not. Contacting these guys just raises a red flag that doesn't help anybody.

The recruits aren't innocent folks who turned the schools in. They were in on the deal. It was the SEC and FBI that started in without their help.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Will be interesting to see if some of the lesser guilty parties that get to keep basketball will trade some of these players.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Okay, it appears the consensus on this board is to not even inquire or contact these guys, regardless. Gotcha.
Also, sorry in advance to resume the discussion...Hadn't realized that it was already brought up towards the end of the 2018 recruiting thread which I hadn't read yet.
Good luck to Coach Prohm with Conditt, THT, or whomever.
Now lets go beat the Longhorns tonight!!!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I get your point, and you could be right. Just wondering. Also, just because the Bowen money exchange and/or the Louisville connection, does it necessarily mean that 'every' player that decommits from any of these (so far) investigated coaches/schools indicates they'll be scrutinized as they try to move on to play college basketball?

They should be, yes.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Came here for Dr. Dre. Left disappointed. :(

220px-DrDre-PresentsTheAftermath.jpg

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Ramey's AAU program was run by his dad and sponsored by adidas. Adidas could have been funneling money to his dad's AAU program in exchange for Ramey to play at adidas school Louisville.

This is me 100% speculating.

I wouldn't touch Ramey. He could be "dirty."

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Ramey's AAU program was run by his dad and sponsored by adidas. Adidas could have been funneling money to his dad's AAU program in exchange for Ramey to play at adidas school Louisville.

This is me 100% speculating.

I wouldn't touch Ramey. He could be "dirty."

When HS leagues are sponsored by apperal companies there is no question of dirt. Landfills during a flood are less dirty than big AAU programs.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Even if these decommits are clean...do we really want the eyes of the Federal Bureau of Investigation lurking upon us at all. Its like being followed by a police officer while driving a car. You're not breaking the law but you keep looking in your rear view window waiting for the lights to come on...and how relived are you when they turn off a side road and are no longer following You?
Keep away from these decommits IMO.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Best thing for the kids to do if they want to play at the high major level is go to a Juco for a year to let things settle. Hopefully schools will have a clearer picture of their eligibility by then.

That said if this were of to happen last year after all the near misses I would not of had an issue w/ Prohm taking a chance. If he's that dirty it really wouldn't look bad on ISU as we're just stepping is after the scum was skimmed out of the picture. Worst thing that could happen is he'd end up another never materialized like Larry's legendary class that never showed.

• Creative
Reactions: 816Clone

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Even if these decommits are clean...do we really want the eyes of the Federal Bureau of Investigation lurking upon us at all. Its like being followed by a police officer while driving a car. You're not breaking the law but you keep looking in your rear view window waiting for the lights to come on...and how relived are you when they turn off a side road and are no longer following You?
Keep away from these decommits IMO.
If you're running a clean program, and you offer them nothing illegal, then there's no problem at all. If there's any chance you have skeletons, then you steer clear.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron