Thank you Jamie, ................

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Jamie not only cares about ISU, he cares about people, thats why he was meeting with the players in their apartments.

Now lets go win some games for the boys in the locker room!

Reactions: Balrog

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
That is the thing, while JP runs the athletic department as a business, which he should, he thinks of and treats all coaches and players as family. He will not hire any coach who he would not feel comfortable sending his children to play sports for.

I think this is a great hire. Love the experience, and the Iowa roots.

Absolutely. This is the quality that separates him from any other AD, and frankly, a lot of other people in general. He not only professes the fact that he cares about the ISU student athlete and coach, he walks the walk too!!!

Go Cyclones:yes:

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This is in his job description you know...

But I know how hard it was considering his child being sick through it all.

dxmonger

Dec 18, 2008
To me a big name was safe this is a reach

It may workout great but I wouldnt call it the safe hire.

I'd call it a relatively safe move.

There were some riskier names mentioned -
  • Barnett (first player/legal issues would have brought out the haters)
  • Stoops - no personality would leave some boosters disgruntled without immediate results (wins).
  • Anyone that would have cost more than $1.9M/yr (Fulmer, Patterson?)

A few days ago, many were saying "less steak more sizzle". I think Rhoads may be that hire. We will be able to build a program around this guy who has connections and can keep our players/recruits.

The key will be his staff. By not breaking the bank on a big name HC, we can afford to spend the $$$ on assistants.

Sure I was surprised to see a DC as opposed to a HC. But I'm going to renew my season tickets and support this team and Jamie Pollard like a true Cyclone!

Good job Jamie. Have a great Christmas.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm sure Pollard just feels he is doing his job for the nice salary he commands.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Better luck next time Jamie. This hire may well be your legacy and I fear you have not done yourself any favors. Can't wait to get all those Camanche kids signed.