Texas vs. Baylor

Miniclone11

Oct 28, 2015
Not to go full conspiracy mode (yet), but if you wanted to drop OU for say...Ohio State. A bad ugly loss like this that could take Baylor down to maybe the 20th or lower is a good start.

Lukily ohuo state doesn't get to play again to prove their worth. They won't pass OU.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I work with a couple guys based in Dallas - one is a Longhorn and one a TTech guy. Both pretty fanatical football fans, esp the Tech guy. It's remarkable how much Briles personally is reviled by both, and the picture they paint is that most people feel the same. They consider him just a dirty coach, doesn't care about his players, rules, laws, anything or anyone. It was surprising to me just how personal and intense it was to them.

Reactions: JusHappy2BeHere

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I work with a couple guys based in Dallas - one is a Longhorn and one a TTech guy. Both pretty fanatical football fans, esp the Tech guy. It's remarkable how much Briles personally is reviled by both, and the picture they paint is that most people feel the same. They consider him just a dirty coach, doesn't care about his players, rules, laws, anything or anyone. It was surprising to me just how personal and intense it was to them.

I'm reading his book, which represents a totally different story, but of course it would. That sounds like sour grapes, but you never know.

Briles is a football savant. He totally understands the game. I'm not going full CWilly on the Briles love, but based on how he does things he really is a remarkable football coach.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Briles is something else. He goes to the well, changes his approach completely, and takes over the game.

he let;s the players make plays and puts them in a situation for them to succeed. Unbelievable coaching effort today.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Watch Iowa lose tonight, then end up in a bowl against Baylor somehow and get to play them with their 4th string QB, who is a WR, starting at QB.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Watch Iowa lose tonight, then end up in a bowl against Baylor somehow and get to play them with their 4th string QB, who is a WR, starting at QB.

Almost made it a whole thread without an Iowa mention.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
If Texas blows this, does Strong get fired?

I was about to ask the same question.

My thoughts are that Strong is already on thin ice, coumpound that with blowing a 20 point lead and loosing to a team that is using a WR and RB as their qb almost the entire game should get the hook.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
A Baylor loss is best to keep them out of the Sugar bowl. They're too battered to beat a good team right now.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Texas is going to blow this, just kidding:smile: