Texas Reprimanded

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Somewhere in the Big 12 rules book. "Thou shall not storm the court." In fine print "Thou shall not storm the court especially after beating the Jayhawks or face double secret probation."

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: t-noah

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
When I opened this I thought maybe it would be their WBB coach since he looked to get into it with a Tech staffer (or visa versa) last night.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I just watched the court storming and all I can say is "Oh, the humanity!"

Come on people USE COMMON SENSE!!

The video was over a minute in length. When KU Coaching staff saw fans were going to rush the court- get the players to the locker room!! There were ZERO Texas players in the handshake line that I could see. For about 50 seconds it was Texas coaches shaking hands with KU coaches & players.

Big fan of sportsmanship after games, but if fans are going to rush the court. Get to your locker room. Especially a situation like UT where it appears the KU locker room was kitty-corner from the bench. Similar to the visitor locker room at Hilton.

Easier to legislate conduct for 20 people vs. 1000 rowdy college students. ;)

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Common people USE COMMON SENSE!!

The video was over a minute in length. When KU Coaching staff saw fans were going to rush the court- get the players to the locker room!! There were ZERO Texas players in the handshake line that I could see. For about 50 seconds it was Texas coaches shaking hands with KU coaches & players.

Big fan of sportsmanship after games, but if fans are going to rush the court. Get to your locker room. Especially as situation like UT where it appears the KU locker room was kitty-corner from the bench. Similar to the visitor locker room at Hilton.

Easier to legislate conduct for 20 people vs. 1000 rowdy college students. ;)
Are you calling KU players "common people"? Or are you saying they are uncommon?

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA

I played against Texas head coach Mike White in mens fadtpitch softball. He played for Cedar Rapids Teleconnect back in the day. He was a helluva pitcher from New Zealand. Most of the top pitchers were from there as that is what they play instead of baseball.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Early 90s had a guy that Deever Roofing brought over from New Zealand to pitch that played on my flag football team. Tim DeCosta, he was a rugby player as well, never really got the dialing it back to flag football level.