Texas Reprimanded

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Be interesting to see what SEC does to Arkansas. After upsetting #1 Auburn last night, lights were turned off and on while fireworks erupted during court storming. Very dangerous.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This belongs here:

"I got you, I got you, I got you..."
mwbwoSE.gif

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I just watched the court storming and all I can say is "Oh, the humanity!"

The "security" in yellow shirts might as well be mannequins! At least one was putting his/her arms out. Another would try to move in front of students who would just step aroudn him/her. If the stadium "security" ever really tries to stop it, they will need protection themselves. So, why put them in harm's way? If anything, have them circle the players and coaches to help them get off the court safely.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The "security" in yellow shirts might as well be mannequins! At least one was putting his/her arms out. Another would try to move in front of students who would just step aroudn him/her. If the stadium "security" ever really tries to stop it, they will need protection themselves. So, why put them in harm's way? If anything, have them circle the players and coaches to help them get off the court safely.
I think they had rope between them. Be that as it may when you have no teeth for people who don't listen they aren't going to listen.

I do remember one time at Hilton we were told we absolutely would not lose the floor after the game. They had the tech crew interspersed with house staff at the ends of the floor since there really wasn't an easy way on the floor with the tables and benches along the sides of the floor. I was standing on one end and at the end of the game a student decided he was going to start the floor rush. One of our foremen grabbed him by the shirt under his chin and threw him back into the seats. We had no problem holding our end after the first guy flew back into the seats. To be fair to our guy, they had PA announcements prior to the end of the game that fans on the floor after the game would not be tolerated.

I don't really care, let them rush if they want to. But if you are going to stop it, you have to have the go ahead to use a little force.

Reactions: Cycsk