Tech

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
How sad is it that TT is in the Final 4 & potentially could win a NC?

A program that really doesn't give a **** about MBB...90% of the time they've got only a few thousand people in attendance.

I've got nothing against TT...for the B12 I'd be ok with them winning...but it sucks when they really don't care about MBB.

Just Sad.

These types of posts, where it implies that ISU deserves something vs. another team, are the worst. The basketball world doesn't owe ISU ****; our players and coaches need to go out and take from other teams. I think it can/will happen here at some point, and the program needs to keep putting themselves in the position to get there, but I will promise you that there are not less than 50 other programs in the country that are all shooting for the same thing year in and year out and are equally well funded, supported, and have players with similar or better talent levels. That's why it's so special for the teams that make it there.

Virginia and Tony Bennett had 4 teams win 29 games and not got to the FF.
Purdue under Matt Painter has had seven 25 win teams and they sill haven't made the FF since 1980.
Duke has made 2 Final Fours in the last 15 years.
Kentucky went 13 years in between Final Fours, and while Calipari has 4 of them, he's only won once.

ISU has had two 25 win seasons, 14 and 15, since Eustacy left after the 01 season. If you think ISU basketball deserves this or it's going to be easy, because our home court is so great, you might want to reevaulate your expectations moving forward.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
These types of posts, where it implies that ISU deserves something vs. another team, are the worst. The basketball world doesn't owe ISU ****; our players and coaches need to go out and take from other teams. I think it can/will happen here at some point, and the program needs to keep putting themselves in the position to get there, but I will promise you that there are not less than 50 other programs in the country that are all shooting for the same thing year in and year out and are equally well funded, supported, and have players with similar or better talent levels. That's why it's so special for the teams that make it there.

Virginia and Tony Bennett had 4 teams win 29 games and not got to the FF.
Purdue under Matt Painter has had seven 25 win teams and they sill haven't made the FF since 1980.
Duke has made 2 Final Fours in the last 15 years.
Kentucky went 13 years in between Final Fours, and while Calipari has 4 of them, he's only won once.

ISU has had two 25 win seasons, 14 and 15, since Eustacy left after the 01 season. If you think ISU basketball deserves this or it's going to be easy, because our home court is so great, you might want to reevaulate your expectations moving forward.

Ding ding ding.

Actually hadn't realized that about Duke.

• Agree
Reactions: KillBilly

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron