Tech

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
How sad is it that TT is in the Final 4 & potentially could win a NC?

A program that really doesn't give a **** about MBB...90% of the time they've got only a few thousand people in attendance.

I've got nothing against TT...for the B12 I'd be ok with them winning...but it sucks when they really don't care about MBB.

Just Sad.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

A program that really doesn't give a **** about MBB...90% of the time they've got only a few thousand people in attendance.

I've got nothing against TT...for the B12 I'd be ok with them winning...but it sucks when they really don't care about MBB.

Just Sad.

It’s a program that cares about details.

bhutch65

Sep 17, 2007
Coralville

Just Sad.

TS

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Just Sad.
Yeah. I suppose you would rather have KBoo in the final 4. :eek:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Good on Texas Tech! I have nothing against them, and it is refreshing to see a new team in the Final Four (from an overall basketball point of view). Moreover, they are having a year like ISU had in 2000 and 2001. Will it last? Time will tell. Guns Up! I hope they beat the Duke-Michigan State winner!

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Their fans really showed out this year. That’s false.

Agree, I attended our game with them in January and I was jealous how loud and enthusiastic they were - not to mention the place was sold out.
Here's the deal: How can a place like Lubbock attract good talent in FB & BB and be successful? More important, it they can do it, we can do - but why haven't we?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I'm happy for Tech and a little jealous. The comparison to the 2000 ISU team is apt. Beard is a great coach and he will have a lot of suitors if he wants to listen but he seems like a good fit so maybe he'll choose to stay. If he stays, time will tell if he can maintain this level of competitiveness, but for my money he trails only Self as far as B12 coaches go.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Agree, I attended our game with them in January and I was jealous how loud and enthusiastic they were - not to mention the place was sold out.
Here's the deal: How can a place like Lubbock attract good talent in FB & BB and be successful? More important, it they can do it, we can do - but why haven't we?

Tech FB hasn't been anything special the past few years. Heck, Rhoads even played Tuberville's teams pretty well.

You can get players to Lubbock just by virtue of being in Texas, but Tech is another place where they need a special coach (Leach, Beard), to have significant success.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm happy for Tech. There fans aren't nearly as bad as most Big 12 teams, and I really like Beard as a head coach.

I just wonder how he gets guys to go play there? Yesterday at the halftime break he said they were playing way too fast and needed to slow it way down and play Tech basketball. How do you get kids to want to come play that style? And especially in the middle of nowhere in Lubbock?

Fact is though, you have to play defense to have success, and so if you want to get to the Final Four, you might have to play this style of ball?

Reactions: KillBilly

Help Support Us

Become a patron