Tamin Lipsey recruiting thread

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
There was reduced evaluation by the recruiting services this past spring/summer but those same services also increased the recruiting stock of Tyrese Hunter while decreasing Lipsey's. I agree Lipsey's career arc could end up resembling Jok's and there will be plenty of opportunity for Lipsey to increase his stock during the upcoming HS season and next spring/summer on the AAU circuit.
People keep saying “spring/summer”, but there were no events in the spring, and only a relative handful in the late summer.

Of which Lipsey attended a relative handful compared to Tyrese Hunter because of his commitment to football.

comparing apples and oranges.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
People keep saying “spring/summer”, but there were no events in the spring, and only a relative handful in the late summer.

Of which Lipsey attended a relative handful compared to Tyrese Hunter because of his commitment to football.

comparing apples and oranges.
Not really. The updated rankings were released prior to any BB events that Lipsey would have missed for football. I do stand corrected on my previous reference to spring events.

davehon

Apr 4, 2015
This is a screen shot of one of our current freshmen. The first ranking is his first evaluation and then he got injured. Not apples to apples but...for those that get caught up in rankings this guys would be loved and hated by the same person.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201027-201252.png
    Screenshot_20201027-201252.png
    214 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20201027-201244.png
    Screenshot_20201027-201244.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
There was reduced evaluation by the recruiting services this past spring/summer but those same services also increased the recruiting stock of Tyrese Hunter while decreasing Lipsey's. I agree Lipsey's career arc could end up resembling Jok's and there will be plenty of opportunity for Lipsey to increase his stock during the upcoming HS season and next spring/summer on the AAU circuit.
He went into July ranked 166 and is now ranked 166

Reactions: Aclone

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
This is a screen shot of one of our current freshmen. The first ranking is his first evaluation and then he got injured. Not apples to apples but...for those that get caught up in rankings this guys would be loved and hated by the same person.
Jaden Walker is going to be a stud.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyPunch

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
People talk about his size development slowing have it wrong. Kid has the Gretzky factor for BB movement figured out.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Is this Blackwell?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not sure the Jok comparison is too relevant. Jok slipped because he never got his athleticism back, certainly not while he was in HS, if he ever really did.

Lipsey is fully back athletically. The only reasons he might stay a little lower are concern for reinjury and possibly earlier rankings baked in some additional height being added.

I really like this kids game. Legit blow-by quickness.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and Snydes

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not sure the Jok comparison is too relevant. Jok slipped because he never got his athleticism back, certainly not while he was in HS, if he ever really did.

Lipsey is fully back athletically. The only reasons he might stay a little lower are concern for reinjury and possibly earlier rankings baked in some additional height being added.

I really like this kids game. Legit blow-by quickness.

My youngest is a HS senior, he tore his ACL at age 9. Surgeon here in Des Moines wanted to use a cadaver ACL. It had a 55% chance of rupture.

Ended up going with Wolf in Iowa City. He wound two hamstrings from his calf. After a year the chance of rupture was no more than someone with a healthy ACL. He's probably grown about a foot over the past 8 years.

Just saying reinjurying isn't exactly a high risk today.

• Wow
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
My youngest is a HS senior, he tore his ACL at age 9. Surgeon here in Des Moines wanted to use a cadaver ACL. It had a 55% chance of rupture.

Ended up going with Wolf in Iowa City. He wound two hamstrings from his calf. After a year the chance of rupture was no more than someone with a healthy ACL. He's probably grown about a foot over the past 8 years.

Just saying reinjurying isn't exactly exactly a high risk today.

Holy **** tearing an acl at 9.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Felt terrible to hear of a great athlete and kid like Tamin go through a major injury but it might act in ISU's favor as far as recruiting. He is/was very interested in schools like Michigan and UNC recruiting him. He's still got time to raise his stock but I'm not sure he's going to be that level of recruit now. Which likely makes it a battle between ISU and Nebraska.

He's still priority #1 in 2022 imo and would be a major get. Great athlete, great leader. A young backcourt pairing of him and Tyrese Hunter would be tough.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Felt terrible to hear of a great athlete and kid like Tamin go through a major injury but it might act in ISU's favor as far as recruiting. He is/was very interested in schools like Michigan and UNC recruiting him. He's still got time to raise his stock but I'm not sure he's going to be that level of recruit now. Which likely makes it a battle between ISU and Nebraska.

He's still priority #1 in 2022 imo and would be a major get. Great athlete, great leader. A young backcourt pairing of him and Tyrese Hunter would be tough.
I think he ends up with 10 plus power five offers.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Just saying reinjurying isn't exactly a high risk today.

I agree - I think it's pretty low risk. My daughter did rehab with the same group that Lipsey trains with. Hers was a totally different type of injury, but in no time she was not just recovered but got way stronger than I would've guessed was possible.

I think Lipsey is going to end up with more good offers. He might not end up with the elite length and athleticism that the blue bloods need, but somebody is going to end up with a good PG, and I hope it is ISU.