Tamin Lipsey Commits

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
If Lipsey can develop an outside shoot.. Look out. Look at a guy like Davion Mitchell. Bad shooter as a freshamn at Auburn, turned into an ok shooter in 2019/20 for Baylor and exploded into a 45% 3 point shooter this past season. Not a volume scorer for Baylor.. But he ran the show and was a junkyard dog guarding Suggs and other PG's in the tournament
I'm really not a fan of ANY Davion Mitchell player comparisons I see.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
If Lipsey can develop an outside shoot.. Look out. Look at a guy like Davion Mitchell. Bad shooter as a freshamn at Auburn, turned into an ok shooter in 2019/20 for Baylor and exploded into a 45% 3 point shooter this past season. Not a volume scorer for Baylor.. But he ran the show and was a junkyard dog guarding Suggs and other PG's in the tournament

Yep agreed. Keep in mind he's been a multi sport star his entire life much like Eli King. Once he focuses solely on basketball and puts those long hours into the gym his shot shouod improve drastically.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I know it's early but is it realistic to expect Hunter, King, and Lipsey to all start at the same time at some point given it would be a short back backcourt?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I know it's early but is it realistic to expect Hunter, King, and Lipsey to all start at the same time at some point given it would be a short back backcourt?
Honestly I expect King, and Hunter to start with Lipsey being one of the 1st off the bench.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

I think it depends on how the season goes, and what other starting guards return.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I don’t think king or lipsey start as freshman with the seniors that will be ahead of them. I also expect Hunter to be a pro after two years so I don’t think they ever start together.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

3 starting guards under 6'4" as underclassmen is probably a no go. My guess would be either Brockington or Kalshuer return for their super senior years and start.

Would love Enaruna to take the "3" spot and flourish

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
3 starting guards under 6'4" as underclassmen is probably a no go. My guess would be either Brockington or Kalshuer return for their super senior years and start.

Would love Enaruna to take the "3" spot and flourish

Not seeing TJ recruiting someone then say even though you're one of the best three guards on the roster I'm not starting you because you're not tall enough. I also think we'll have a super senior in the lineup but in the end it will be decided by something other than height.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Not seeing TJ recruiting someone then say even though you're one of the best three guards on the roster I'm not starting you because you're not tall enough. I also think we'll have a super senior in the lineup but in the end it will be decided by something other than height.

Yeah, like experience could come into play. I can’t see TJ telling one of last years starters “sorry you had a great season but we told this kid he could start”.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
That's not unheard of. We kind of did it with Tyrus McGee. The Utah Jazz do it with Jordan Clarkson who is probably their 2nd best guard, but they start Mike Conley and Royce O'Neal.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
That's not unheard of. We kind of did it with Tyrus McGee. The Utah Jazz do it with Jordan Clarkson who is probably their 2nd best guard, but they start Mike Conley and Royce O'Neal.
In the NBA everyone is a 1%er. Plus it's an 82 game schedule where guys sit out games to maintain for the long haul. Having a second unit scorer is a necessity.

College games are 8 minutes shorter rarely back to back and top line starters average playing nearly 90% of the minutes so really not a fair comparison. Media timeouts are designed to get starters rest without sitting.

Consider that a mic drop.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
In the NBA everyone is a 1%er. Plus it's an 82 game schedule where guys sit out games to maintain for the long haul. Having a second unit scorer is a necessity.

College games are 8 minutes shorter rarely back to back and top line starters average playing nearly 90% of the minutes so really not a fair comparison. Media timeouts are designed to get starters rest without sitting.

Consider that a mic drop.

What makes either of these guards about to enter their senior years of HS better than Hunter, Kalschuer, Brockington, Hinson, or Enaruna right when they get to campus?

Reactions: ruflosn

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
What makes either of these guards about to enter their senior years of HS better than Hunter, Kalschuer, Brockington, Hinson, or Enaruna?
Please show me where I stated that?

I said TJ won't be sitting one of his top three guards solely based on size.

I actually stated I believe we'll have a super senior starting in 2 years.