Survivor 41

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Probst can be irritating, often drags tribal council BS out way too long prior to getting to the vote, other stuff that bugs me too. But all in all I still think he's a good host, that show wouldn't at all be the same with someone else.

I used to think that way. I now think the show would be way better with a new host if they get the right one. If they get a bad one it could be worse. BTW Tribal in real life takes like 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Not surprised with Brad voted out. He wasn't exactly too stealthy with his gameplay. Although he was one of the more entertaining characters so far to we lose that. Guessing his 3 way idol goes back into play to be found which is making that a tough thing to get activated with needing someone from all 3 tribes to find it and say their corny phrase at the challenge. Makes me wonder if there are going to be actual idols still out there to be found without some kind of catch to it which I think would be a good shift from previous seasons where finding and using idols were almost getting too easy.

Not too much else stood out this week it seemed like

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Not surprised with Brad voted out. He wasn't exactly too stealthy with his gameplay. Although he was one of the more entertaining characters so far to we lose that. Guessing his 3 way idol goes back into play to be found which is making that a tough thing to get activated with needing someone from all 3 tribes to find it and say their corny phrase at the challenge. Makes me wonder if there are going to be actual idols still out there to be found without some kind of catch to it which I think would be a good shift from previous seasons where finding and using idols were almost getting too easy.

Not too much else stood out this week it seemed like

Brad was entertaining but had one of the worst social games in recent seasons.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Brad was entertaining but had one of the worst social games in recent seasons.

Yeah the running down the beach thing was smart, then he comes back and tells their Allies that he did it. Ummmm bro, gather info and keep it to yourself. He tried to pull a Tony and failed.

• Agree

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah the running down the beach thing was smart, then he comes back and tells their Allies that he did it. Ummmm bro, gather info and keep it to yourself. He tried to pull a Tony and failed.

Yeah when he decided to share with his tribemates that he found the advantages it was pretty clear he wouldn't last long. The one girl who he trusted enough to share that info with was one who voted him out.

• Agree

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Yeah when he decided to share with his tribemates that he found the advantages it was pretty clear he wouldn't last long. The one girl who he trusted enough to share that info with was one who voted him out.

It's still shocking to me that after all these seasons people still make rookie mistakes.

• Agree

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It's still shocking to me that after all these seasons people still make rookie mistakes.

Even my wife was saying last night that unless someone witnesses you finding an advantage it is so dumb to let anyone know because you just put a target on your back. Only time I would ever reveal I had an idle or advantage is if I was sure I was on the chopping block and I needed to use it to gain some leverage to switch some votes. Other than that there is no good reason to just tell everyone all your secrets in this game because while you do need some trust, being a blabber mouth can also hurt that trust too.

Reactions: Drew0311

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Yeah, I liked Brad as a player and his physical game was great.

But, dude, keep your mouth shut!

You can't trust people. It's Survivor where advantage for you is disadvantage for the other players and they will cut you deep.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I like the idea of the three way idol. I think this is the only season you can do it the way they are doing it with the sayings because people will be looking for that in future seasons.

I don't have any favorites so far, frankly none have jumped out to me as being above average players yet.

I hope they don't change tribes at all until the merge, people have gotten too used to being able to vote out the stronger players because it doesn't matter when you bail them out by changing the tribes every other week. You don't have to worry about them not having any relationships with the other tribes due to the various secret outings they will have had.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I like the idea of the three way idol. I think this is the only season you can do it the way they are doing it with the sayings because people will be looking for that in future seasons.

I don't have any favorites so far, frankly none have jumped out to me as being above average players yet.

I hope they don't change tribes at all until the merge, people have gotten too used to being able to vote out the stronger players because it doesn't matter when you bail them out by changing the tribes every other week. You don't have to worry about them not having any relationships with the other tribes due to the various secret outings they will have had.

I agree. Let the week drown. Don't give them the merge. If they want to vote the strong off. Let them lose every single time. That would be fantastic.

Reactions: MeanDean

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I hope a merge or mix up is not coming soon too. My wife had a good idea, they should do a season where they are all 1 tribe from the start and just do only individual immunity challenges. Would make everyone scramble to form alliances from day 1 and make things more dynamic where you don't come into a merge with a tribe that dominated and can pick off the one with lesser numbers 1 by 1.

I don't have a favorite yet, this cast so far is pretty "blah." Naseer may eventually be that person for me. I don't like how Danny and Deshawn were scheming to throw the immunity challenge. It was funny they did not tell the rest of their tribe their plan and there is Naseer working his tail off and getting them a 2nd place finish, nearly won the 1st place finish despite playing from behind too. I never get the point of throwing a challenge because pre-merge having the numbers advantage is always key and that challenge just showed how dominate they can be in challenges so why mess with what is working? Seems very short sighted strategy wise to vote off someone that way just because they seem like a threat. Not a fan of Shan, seems to be playing both sides of an alliance and that usually comes back to bite you eventually.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Way too woke for my liking. Don’t need to blow everything out of proportion like “come on in guys”. Also found it hard to find anyone I really want to win, and it doesn’t really seem like they’ve picked the sharpest contestants this season

The problem is Jeff nor CBS actually cares nor probably thinks this is really a big deal. It's just a low hanging fruit to appear woke and virtue signal. Hell, 2-3 times later Jeff still refers to them as guys. He does it in tribal. I'm all about diverse casting, but CBS is obsessed with the only criteria of diversity being skin color. How about they cast a black conservative? Seems like that'd be quite diverse from others on the show.

Reactions: Drew0311

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Not surprised by last night. Only thing I am certain of now is I am not a fan of Shan and Ricard. Both are schemers that are going to be in trouble at the merge when they have to find new people to work with. At least they have some advantages to help them a bit. I kind of was hoping that Genie would play her shot in the dark die last night and possibly stir up some chaos that way. Already had Shan and Ricard nervous that they were trying to vote each other out, why not throw that out there that you are going to play your shot in the dark (whether you really do or not) and see just how much you could stir up some problems with using the extra vote or Shan using her idol. If you are going to go out may as well go out guns blazing and I think those 2 would have been just paranoid enough to use 1 or both of those advantages as an insurance policy in case Genie got lucky and was safe because then 1 of them would have been going home. Shan could have guaranteed being safe with using immunity and Ricard could have helped his odds by using the extra vote on Shan in case she did not play an idol. The wheels were spinning for me with the possibilities but in the end things played out as you knew they would.

One other takeaway, interesting how they did not reveal that Naseer had found the 3rd 3-way idol the day before until he used the "I'm as confused as a goat on AstroTurf" line then they play a flashback of him finding it. I think Naseer is my favorite player at the moment. I have a bad feeling he plays too hard that eventually he's going to be targeted to vote out but I love his energy and enthusiasm on a cast that is really lacking that so far. It's frustrating to see some of the more physical players basically conjuring up a way to vote out Erika by possibly throwing a challenge or some of the more strategic players more worried about the merge and beyond instead of just playing a smart numbers game now to even get there. Shan is really bad about that, look how it has decimated that tribe to just 2 now and judging by the preview for next week there is going to be some kind of mix up coming so we won't get to see if her and Ricard could muster up another win or 2 together to avoid having Ricard go home when Shan would be forced to play her idol. I'm at the point with Survivor where I just want to see everything play out from the start and don't mix things up until merging to 1 tribe and it becomes an individual game. I would even be for trying a season where it is an individual game from Day 1 and see how that plays out with no separate tribes to build up alliances before it becomes an individual game.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Yeah I mostly agree with your points.

It was getting a bit ridiculous to have one tribe sitting out four people in challenges so I get having a mixup, I just wish they sent the two players to the other tribe to even the numbers.

I still don't see any great players this season. Naseer is at least likeable and tries hard but he tries too hard. He won't make it past the first couple of votes post merge, if he even makes it that far.

Help Support Us

Become a patron