Suriano

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I agree. I feel like Dresser isn’t the type to bring in a headache if he wouldn’t be a decent fit. Maybe I’m Wrong.

No, I think you're right. He has a certain expectation re: character and I don't think we've had any problems with wrestlers since his arrival.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
This is a 100% risk take. I'm still in the camp if it isn't PSU it'll be THE OSU. Closing has been difficult on some of the bigger high school recruits for the staff but hey maybe a transfer is more their bread and butter. I'm hoping I'm wrong on this.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
At the time, Downey was a JUCO National Champion. Suriano is a D1 National Champion, 2 time finalist. You take any and all risk to have him wrestle 1 year.
Not only that, but from the risk side, Downey had legal problems. He was a known partied and not a committed worker.

Suriano is the opposite. Yes, he has an ego, but he’s pretty much clean as a whistle and would instantly be one of, if not the, hardest workers in the room.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If it's not PSU is Suriano for sure going at 125? He looked cut up as h*ll at 133 and it'll have been I think four years since he wrestled at 125.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Personally, I don't know Suriano but to my knowledge he doesn't have any history of bad behavior (I don't consider transferring as a "bad behavior" kind of thing). I am leery of his history of transferring but with only 1 year remaining it's really not much of a risk. I'd say we could be the perfect spot for him since our top guys at 125 & 141 guys have a redshirt to give. Even the Russian at 133 is only a rSoph. I do think he's too big to make 125 the whole year and would predict him to be at 133/141 by tourney time. My biggest concern would be room chemistry which I feel is currently very good. I'd assume our coaches will be very careful not to mess that up. IF he chooses ISU I'll be 100% on the Suriano bus. IF he goes elsewhere (or nowhere - straight to a RTC) I won't be disappointed in the least.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Whatever bringing Suriano in might do to team chemistry, I don’t think much, it pales in comparison to having your second and third best wrestlers (both seniors) wrestle off and one of them riding the bench.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I know this is all long-shot speculation, but if the staff somehow lands Suriano, that brings some seriously rarified air into the room.

Having one national champ in the room, showing the other guys it's no impossible feat is one thing.
Having two champs, a multi-time finalist to boot elevates everyone to the extreme.

I imagine he'd be an amazing workout partner for most anyone in the room, Parker in particular. Both guys are very hard-nosed, big gas tank guys.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I also think Suriano will be big at 125, and it won’t be an easy cut. But I also think his Ego is really driving this. He wants to be remembered and have a legacy. The way you accomplish that is by knocking off Spencer Lee. I don’t think he will, but that is what he wants to do.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Saw the question posed on the Penn State board, but what would be harder for Hawk fans to swallow:

Suriano beats Spencer Lee in the NCAA finals to give Penn State the team title in a:

Penn State singlet
or
Iowa State singlet

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Saw the question posed on the Penn State board, but what would be harder for Hawk fans to swallow:

Suriano beats Spencer Lee in the NCAA finals to give Penn State the team title in a:

Penn State singlet
or
Iowa State singlet
Given how much they hated David winning his title and WANTED him to transfer to Penn St, ISU is the answer. They would yank their own nuts off faster than you could say Oranges.

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

Penn State singlet
or
Iowa State singlet
Their heads would spin.

Reactions: stuclone

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Given how much they hated David winning his title and WANTED him to transfer to Penn St, ISU is the answer. They would yank their own nuts off faster than you could say Oranges.

I don't know a single Iowa fan who wanted to see Carr at PSU. Iowa fans are all about team titles. They were probably trying to get your gourd.

Their heads would spin.

This.

Help Support Us

Become a patron