STUDENT CHANT

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
So were we back then. And, that furthers my point. Today is so much more different than 40 years ago when it comes to fandom class. As another poster pointed out, 'Sit down Norm' was the norm :)
Ya well it's not the 80s anymore. Thank the Gods for that.

yoteforever

Dec 24, 2008
Listen, I’m no prude. I’ve done more than my share of crazy stuff particularly in my youth. I know you aren’t / can’t stop it. If you try they’ll double down and go twice as much. And for the record I’m not even proposing you try. The simple question I asked if anyone else cringed.

when you’re 20 you don’t think about or care what older people think. I get it. I just looked at that dad yesterday multiple times wondering how he explains that to his son.

That being said, when I posted the first time I wasn’t thinking about or took into consideration the last name of the Kansas player. That’s old age I guess.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
That's creative?
Too much creativity and you can’t even execute a chant effectively across an entire student section.

Targeting the coach with some friendly ribbing is simple and effective. And clearly would’ve gotten in Tang’s head given his antics lately.

Reactions: ZRF

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I just looked at that dad yesterday multiple times wondering how he explains that to his son.
I have a four year old. If I choose to take him to an event where I KNOW this is going to happen that's on me as a parent.

I can't protect my four year old from everything I don't approve of. My job as a parent is to tell him the people doing that are adults who are free to make their own choices but those aren't good choices and he will be disciplined if he does the same behavior.

This is wild but maybe it's just my job to parent?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
We actually have it pretty good. Those F KU chants only happen at the KU game. I went to an @Mizzou game last year and they do the F KU chant at every game. I thought it was really strange.
How do you know they do it every game if you have only been to one game as implied by "an".

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
1. I grew up thinking that college students were the more intelligent and creative portion of the population. The use of simple vulgarities does not impress me. I expect that from a high school dropout but not a Cyclone.

2. Using primarily simple vulgar language is easy for the opponent to process and ignore. Using unusual and more creative verbal barbs would be more distracting.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
This is a tame chant compared to the ones at the hockey games.

Reactions: Erik4Cy

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
It is your job as a parent to make sure your kid knows that it is only ok to use the F word when saying F KU.

In an all seriousness, as a parent you have to expect that your kid will be exposed to curse words when taking them to a sporting event. College or professional. I’ve heard so much worse than those chants growing up and going to soccer games (outside the US), and I turned out mostly ok, I think.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
It is your job as a parent to make sure your kid knows that it is only ok to use the F word when saying F KU.

In an all seriousness, as a parent you have to expect that your kid will be exposed to curse words when taking them to a sporting event. College or professional. I’ve heard so much worse than those chants growing up and going to soccer games (outside the US), and I turned out mostly ok, I think.
Many people here would clutch their pearls at soccer games. Especially South America and places like the Balkans

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
What 8 year old these days isn’t going around saying that word around school?
I take my kids (10 and 7 y/o) to Hilton all of the time. They are not hearing any words there that they’ve never heard before.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Can’t remember which pod, but Blum recalled going to Hilton as a kid and hearing a guy cussing out Norm Stewart.

I’m sure it sucks as a parent, but this has been going on for a while.
Why does this somehow make it acceptable?

Help Support Us

Become a patron