Steve Prohm

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Not sure what was talked about in the last timeout of regulation, but I know my points of emphasis would be:

1. Foul
2. Not let Nembhard or Bane shoot an open 3

Still shaking my head that a guy who was 5 for 7 on the night got basically an open 3.

He made 3 of them in the last couple of minutes...Jackson got a half assed hand in his face on one of those attempts.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I did not see the game, but read the TCU banked a shot in from just inside the half court line to send the game to OT. Personally, I think the odds of making that shot are less than sending a guy to the line up by three with 3-4 seconds to go. I have seen several games when the player makes the first free throw, intentionally misses the next, and his team puts back a rebound to tie the game.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt and Gerbs

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
I completely disagree with your opinion that this should be made a rule, but if it was, the rule has to be that you call a foul upon replay NOT award the team the ball. Awarding the team the ball nullifies the whole play.

Perhaps we purposely hacked the ball handler up 3 knowing that we were beat on the drive and TCU was still in single bonus.

Then they should be able to call a foul on the replay. Why should a out of bounds be able to be reviewed but the obvious cause cannot. The ultimate reason for replay is to get it right. I just see it as a compromise if you're not going to allow fouls to be called in review.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt and ATCy

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Directly messaging players or coaches is moronic. But I’m not sure why players would be searching the twitter sphere after a loss like that. These are young kids but I think the better way to approach this would have been “This isn’t on coach or anyone else Cyclone Nation. I was told to foul the player and didn’t execute. We are going to continue to grind and get better. We need the true fans to support us.”

Truly I think the players are using this as a way to motivate themselves. Us against the world even our fans have turned on us. This despite the fact that over 13,000 will be cheering their ass off for them on Wednesday. Whatever works I just hope we see a competitive game and a good effort on Wednesday.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
More importantly, if we wait until the end of next bball season will you come back? The people not buying your tickets want to know

ahh I see you still refuse to see facts. Nice to know. I have season tickets, I have gone to 2 games. I havent even tried to sell my tickets, no one wants them. You can currently buy tickets to wednesday game for $17. In the last 20 years when have you been able to buy tickets to a kansas game in hilton for that cheap? I remember paying $65 each to go see mike taylor and wesley johnson play kansas. THE DUDE IS RUINING HILTON. Get over it, EVERYONE SELLS THEIR TICKETS YOU MORON.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
3. watch ISU beat TCU and KU this week and people are going to be all kinds of confused.

I don't understand the love for Sampson as a prospect. So people want someone who's going to make things worse at ISU?

Well you are 0-1 so far

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
Tweeting at a player or coach is one of the dumbest things you can do. But is it wrong that we walk into these last 2 games and expect a win? Do we not have enough talent to beat Florida A&M if our best player is out hurt? Sorry that our success has built in my mind that we should win these games, I am sorry that I feel upset after a game and rant on twitter (not to players or coaches) but these use to be gimme games.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
ahh I see you still refuse to see facts. Nice to know. I have season tickets, I have gone to 2 games. I havent even tried to sell my tickets, no one wants them. You can currently buy tickets to wednesday game for $17. In the last 20 years when have you been able to buy tickets to a kansas game in hilton for that cheap? I remember paying $65 each to go see mike taylor and wesley johnson play kansas. THE DUDE IS RUINING HILTON. Get over it, EVERYONE SELLS THEIR TICKETS YOU MORON.
How hard did you mash that shift key?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It's really hard to go winless.

Being objective and looking at the schedule, I still think they will end up 6-12, 8th or 9th in conference.

Maybe 5-13...

Even that 2018 team that everybody hates so much was 4-14.

Those 4 included three wins over ranked teams (OU, TTU, and WVU).

As much as people are griping, I just remember that McD never beat a ranked team in Hilton (and only once ever, #5 KSU right before he left for Omaha).

Even a bad year now was good by those standards.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’m at the Iowa Wolves game tonight. Lindell already has an and-1 three pointer and a savage dunk. I would have loved to see this team with either him or THT.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I did not see the game, but read the TCU banked a shot in from just inside the half court line to send the game to OT. Personally, I think the odds of making that shot are less than sending a guy to the line up by three with 3-4 seconds to go. I have seen several games when the player makes the first free throw, intentionally misses the next, and his team puts back a rebound to tie the game.
You have a better shot of the long bank shot than you do making a free throw then intentionally missing a 2nd one and your teammate rebounding it and scoring again in less than 2 seconds. Terrible terrible coaching display

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
There are a handful of people on this site who can't even unload tickets to the Kansas game for $20. We can talk all we want about the kind of job Prohm has done, but that seems to be as good of indicator as any that fan interest is starting to dwindle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron