Statement from Big 12 Conference

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Time to scrub the Big 12 logo from the field and replace it with a skull and crossbones.

We are obviously the black sheep of this confederation

Print our new "Leave no doubt" mantra right below the Big 12 logo. If the league has a problem with it being so close, erase the Big 12 logo and leave our new message that we won't stand to continue being F'd.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Riddle me this, Walt.... If a man is standing and never extends his arms how the F does he end up with the ball in his hands if he supposedly took the ball from a player on the ground? That's some serious Houdini ***** there!

Go ahead and look at it again, George's arms never extend. In fact, he has them bent. It is physically impossible for him to take it from someone who is on the ground.

Apparently common sense isn't a requirement of replay officials.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Pretty sure the Big 12 is going to need to work something into the TV contract to make sure that we don't get any prime time matchups with the marque programs (UT football, KU bball). It would be a lot easier to bury these screw jobs if they weren't happening before a large, national TV audience.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You guys got robbed bigtime. The ruling was down by contact, and there was clear video evidence that he was not down when he was stripped. Pretty ******* ******. Sorry about that. Most of us Baylor people feel for you guys. Should have won that game. It's best to never let the zebras decide the game, but like your coach said, the number of hankies on the field was embarrassing. And then that call... And then the late hit... I do feel for you guys. Chin up though, everyone knows you should have won that game.

We get what you and the rest of the unbiased folks in the conference and everyone else around the nation is saying, and we're grateful for it, but honestly, us ISU fans are tired of sympathy and apologies. We want things called evenly. We want to be treated as the equal member of the Big 12 that we are. And quite honestly, it's situations like this and the multiple screw jobs during the basketball season (Kansas a couple of times, Texas, etc) that make us much less bitter and much more jealous that Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M were able to get out and into better conferences.

Quite honestly, impartiality died in this conference when Texas was able to talk the conference into leaving Kansas City for Dallas.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Texas saved the Big12. C'mon guys. They aren't going to rule against them.
We have to just move on and work harder not to be in those types of situations.
Don't forget the head ref in last night's game is from Texas...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
You are claiming that an inference based solely on the video evidence cannot be considered "indisputable." That is not correct. Of course it can be.

I'm saying that the replay official needs to see a clear picture of the ball out before the runner is down before he can overturn the call. I think (but am not sure) that the replay official can freeze the video and look at still frames.

In the still frame link I posted above, (which is admittedly poor quality), is the runner down and is the ball out?

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I am surprised they don't implement a "Vaseline Rule" for Iowa State. Any play that is reviewable. they tell is to bend over and grab your ankles because your getting ******!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Riddle me this, Walt.... If a man is standing and never extends his arms how the F does he end up with the ball in his hands if he supposedly took the ball from a player on the ground? That's some serious Houdini ***** there!

Go ahead and look at it again, George's arms never extend. In fact, he has them bent. It is physically impossible for him to take it from someone who is on the ground.

Apparently common sense isn't a requirement of replay officials.

The only way George doesn't have the ball before the Texa$ player's legs are down is if the ball magically teleports into George's hands as he's already running in the other direction. Maybe people with really, really, really, horrible spacial reasoning skills can't see that...if so they should probably have their drivers license revoked and not be allowed to handle dangerous equipment, go hunting, etc...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm saying that the replay official needs to see a clear picture of the ball out before the runner is down before he can overturn the call. I'm think (but am not sure) that the replay official can freeze the video and look at still frames.

In the still frame link I posted above, (which is admittedly poor quality), is the runner down and is the ball out?

My question - why can't the replay official use a composite of all 5 video shots to make his decision? I get the statement that no one view shot makes it conclusive, but when you look at all 5 shots together it's pretty damn clear what happened.

I mean, after last night, and the statement that we were just "graced" with, if it has to be beyond common sense to overturn a call, why bother having replay at all?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm saying that the replay official needs to see a clear picture of the ball out before the runner is down before he can overturn the call. I think (but am not sure) that the replay official can freeze the video and look at still frames.

In the frames before that low res still frame George is already clearly moving in the opposite direction of where the Texa$ refs say the ball is. The ball teleports and George starts running it back before it teleports into his hands? George has 5 foot long arms? Those are the only scenarios I can think of where George doesn't have the ball before the guy goes down.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
In the frames before that low res still frame George is already clearly moving in the opposite direction of where the Texa$ refs say the ball is. The ball teleports and George starts running it back before it teleports into his hands? George has 5 foot long arms? Those are the only scenarios I can think of where George doesn't have the ball before the guy goes down.

Yeah, he's moving the other direction, but there is an ISU lineman pushing on his shoulder pads in that direction. Just because he's moving the other direction doesn't mean the ball is in his hands.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
I just posted the ref's email and phone number and it was taken down in about 20 seconds....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron