Starting Seniors on Senior Night

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
Wouldn't surprise me if we see all the seniors start tonight and the lineup looks a little different.

Something like:
1. Morris
2. BDJ
3. Hogue
4. Niang
5. Edozie

Would be a cool send-off to the seniors by CFH.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
In don't believe Hoiberg has ever done this, so I don't expect it tonight.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Yup. Oklahoma gets out to a 10 point lead and everyones going to bag Hoiberg for it.

Hate high schools that do that too.

Smart choice is to play like it's just another game. It's going to be emotional as is for some of these guys. And if you're winning in the final minutes, take all key seniors off and put in those who haven't seen much playing time.

Colorado did it perfectly last night. Had a close game until the final seconds. Up 3 with 10 seconds left, their best player (senior) knocked down two free throws to put them up 5. Other team pushes up court quickly, lose control of the ball, goes out of bounds. With .5 seconds left on the clock, Colorado coach took out the top senior and put in his non-contributing senior.

MayorsCabinet

Dec 5, 2013
Wouldn't surprise me if we see all the seniors start tonight and the lineup looks a little different.

Something like:
1. Morris
2. BDJ
3. Hogue
4. Niang
5. Edozie

Would be a cool send-off to the seniors by CFH.

I'm with you on this one. Would be a perfect send-off along with a way to keep the team loose. Nothing is worse than being uptight and tense when trying to bust a slump.

Last edited:

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Who is David?

My uncle is named David. His mom is my grandmother. I don't think she's left the Linn and Benton County area in about five years so I doubt she'll come to the game. She might watch it on tv though, if she remembers.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
We aren't starting Edozie today. He won't play unless the game is well decided at the end

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Fred has never done this and I think we've even had at least 1 senior day he didn't even get one of the end of the bench seniors in the game. This game is too important to be changing it up for the sake of senior night. BDJ will get into that game and Edozie won't hurt us if he gets in so I bet he at least plays some tonight but they do not need to start.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Dumb. We aren't in the 4th grade where everyone gets a medal and gets to start a game because it's their last game.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Does this ever happen in D1 P5 conference basketball? I hope to see Edozie at some point, but I doubt the token start will be there.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Hope the team can get this one with a comfortable lead so that Fred can get Edozie some minutes. Would love to see him play and then a late sub-out of Hogue, BDJ, and Edozie with the Hilton crowd to send them off.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Absolutely no chance of this happening. This isn't Rudy time, it's time to regain some mojo at Hilton and carry it on from there. We aren't in the Big 12 race anymore but NCAA seeding is up for grabs and it's serious **** time.

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
The seniors will get their recognition before the game, and I bet Daniel get's one of the loudest applauds for his hard work. Like others have said, Fred has not put in seniors just for the sake of senior night, and he shouldn't, especially against a great team like OU, and when we are desperately fighting for seeding. The best gift the regular players can give, is put ISU in a position at the end of the game where Fred can play all seniors.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Here's a better idea... How about we get out to a thirty point lead, then do some kind of in-game tribute?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Bringing them off the bench is a cooler deal IMO, I'd guess BDJ will get a nice ovation when subs in, hopefully Edozie gets some run as well. OU is on the teams he actually matches up with.