Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Kenobi had the chance to finish Vader off, but just walked away. Makes absolutely no sense to not put an end to the threat, especially since it seemed like he accepted that Anakin was gone.

Why Vader didn't finish off Reva is beyond me too. I always just need to turn my brain off for stuff like that apparently

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Why Vader didn't finish off Reva is beyond me too. I always just need to turn my brain off for stuff like that apparently

Since Reeva knows that Luke is Vader's son, Kenobi should have killed her and tie up the lose strings. Kenobi just leaves and says "were good". Reeva knows a TON of information about Luke and Vader. Kenobi needed to end the risk right then and there.

Reactions: Frak

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I loved that last episode. But, I do have a hard time with two main characters in the series getting flat out impaled by lightsaber and basically walking away from it.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Gorm and Triggermv

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I loved that last episode. But, I do have a hard time with two main characters in the series getting flat out impaled by lightsaber and basically walking away from it.
Lightsabers cauterize wounds.... Force healing is a thing now with baby Yoda. It's all on the table. Qui-gon must have gotten hit in a major organ. Who knows.

I agree though. Its kind of lazy story telling.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Lightsabers cauterize wounds.... Force healing is a thing now with baby Yoda. It's all on the table. Qui-gon must have gotten hit in a major organ. Who knows.

I agree though. Its kind of lazy story telling.

It would cauterize anything it touches. Which means blood pathways are blocked or now plugged. Cardiac arrest would follow shortly.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It would cauterize anything it touches. Which means blood pathways are blocked or now plugged. Cardiac arrest would follow shortly.
I mean, it's a laser sword fight between space wizards from long ago, in a different galaxy. Who's to say cardiac arrest is even a thing?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Kenobi had the chance to finish Vader off, but just walked away. Makes absolutely no sense to not put an end to the threat, especially since it seemed like he accepted that Anakin was gone.
The ongoing lesson has to do with the value of mercy. Ongoing theme.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The ongoing lesson has to do with the value of mercy. Ongoing theme.
Exactly. It's a callback to Anakin's "Mercy doesn't defeat an enemy" line from the previous episode. They're drawing a clear line between the two, and what they're willing to do.

Reactions: Aclone

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
If Disney’s Lucasfilms is going to continue bringing back previously presumed dead characters, can they at least bring back Samuel L Jackson’s Mace Windu character? That would be an awesome series.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If Disney’s Lucasfilms is going to continue bringing back previously presumed dead characters, can they at least bring back Samuel L Jackson’s Mace Windu character? That would be an awesome series.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
  • Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I mean, it's a laser sword fight between space wizards from long ago, in a different galaxy. Who's to say cardiac arrest is even a thing?

LOL...ok.

At the end of the day, its Disney Star Wars. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who has died is still alive as long as content needs to be produced.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Apparently, Taika Waititi was interviewing Natalie Portman and asked her if she ever wanted to be in a Star Wars movie. Kind of worrisome if you consider that this is the guy writing/directing the next Star Wars movie.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Apparently, Taika Waititi was interviewing Natalie Portman and asked her if she ever wanted to be in a Star Wars movie. Kind of worrisome if you consider that this is the guy writing/directing the next Star Wars movie.

Not at all. Star Wars needs to keep the aesthetic of the OT and needs new ideas everywhere else. Plus he was probably joking.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Is anyone else on here part of the exclusive Disney Mar/Matchbox survey community where you regularly answer a bunch of Disney+ surveys to help the company out? I personally was selected to be a part of it when I originally signed up for Disney+ through their special 3-year D23 promotion right when it came out. If anyone else is part of the survey community, I'm curious what your thoughts of them are? I'm also curious how many other people have been selected to be a part of them. I personally enjoy the possibility to give exclusive feedback to everything on Disney+, in which I know Disney is actually listening, even if it takes quite a bit of time to fill out the surveys. I've also found multiple instances where you can get indications of futures installments of certain things and or even confirmations of certain projects which technically aren't announced yet.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Apparently Skeleton Crew is set to become the most expensive Star Wars tv show to date. Lost in Space meets Star Wars. Sign me up!